Sea Ray Jet Drive Boats

davcarv

Recruit
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and I'd like to ask the Sea Ray group if they have any additional information about the new Sea Ray initiative that was communicated to the world in June regarding a new partnership to offer 21-24 feet sport boats with Jet Drive prupulsion.

I'm very excited about this and would love to see any renderings or statistics.

thanks

Dave

TheLinesHaveIt

Recruit
Re: Sea Ray Jet Drive Boats

I highly recommend you follow Sea Ray on Facebook, word is they are planning a big launch for the jets with videos and product information. Today they're sharing some live photos from the plant where the jets are being built. I think it's all still pretty hush-hush, but SR is usually pretty good about giving their Facebook fans and owners club members the first look into all their big announcements. https://www.facebook.com/SeaRayBoatsAndYachts

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Re: Sea Ray Jet Drive Boats

10 months later....... Only a handful of Sea Ray 21 Jets have been produced. No sign of the 24Jet yet.
With new jet boats coming out in the next 4 months, Sea Ray stands to lose out on this market before
they even got into it.
New Jet boats coming in 2013.
Chaparral (Rotax powered)
Scarab (Rotax powered)
Glastron (Rotax powered)
Bayliner (Webber powered)

Good luck Sea Ray, you may need it when you list a 24ft Jet at $70K and you can buy a competitor's 24 footer for $45K.

Morepower

Recruit
Hi guys I just joined I just bought a sea Ryder with a 90hp jet yes I know it's a picec of junk but is there any way to make it reliable for just cruising around.
I would like to know these engine rebuild company's that say theirs is the best may be true or just talk I'm in so Cal

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Hey Morepower, welcome to the forum. Please start your own thread. This one is 3 years old. By starting "your" thread you'll get better answers. I know members will need a lot more info about your boat to answer your questions. Also, please see the Forum Rules link in my signature...Thanks...

WIMUSKY