1999 Bowrider 210 HIN Location?

SJBrit

Cadet
Hi all,

I'm trying to find the HIN on my 1999 Bowrider 210. The manual says it's at the right of the transom, but I don't see it. This boat has an aftermarket swim platform and I'm afraid that it might have covered up the HIN. Is it only in that one location? Does anyone have a picture of where I should be able to find the HIN on the transom?

Thanks!! ~Adrian.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Not likely behind the swim platform:
hporowboat1.png

SJBrit

Cadet
No Title

That depends on how far up it is. I don't see it, so if it's right up under the rub rail then the platform would indeed cover it. Here's how the platform looks. I can clear a small section of the flange to expose it but I need to know exactly where it is.

Attachments

• photo239345.jpg
    photo239345.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 1

jbcurt00

Staff member
Since this is in the Sea Ray forum, ask them where the HIN is supposed to be.

Is this the same 1999 Sea Ray bowrider you've had for years that you drove 1200 miles to pickup back when you joined iboats?

And you now need to confirm the HIN?

Last edited:

SJBrit

Cadet
Sorry, I thought this was a forum where people turned to each other for help like all the other forums I'm part of. Yes, this is the boat I've had for years. I verified the HIN when I bought it and had the extended platform fitted some time after. Now I'm selling the boat and wanted to grab a photo of the HIN only to realize that I can't see it. I posted in the Sea Ray forum to get help from other Sea Ray owners.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I meant if you couldnt find it to call, since you hadnt found it and had probably had the boat for a while.....

As that appears to be THE location for an added swim platform, after market or not, I would expect the HIN to be visible, swim platform or not.

Help comes in lots of forms, you shouldnt be surprised, some dont think of the obvious. You may or may not be in that group.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We do try to help. You swim platform is covering the HIN, so there isn't much that we can do.

You could try contacting Sea Ray and asking if the HIN is also in a second location. The only other option is to loosen or remove the platform because the new buyer will want to verify the HIN, just as you did when you bought the boat.

SJBrit

Cadet
We do try to help. You swim platform is covering the HIN, so there isn't much that we can do.

You could try contacting Sea Ray and asking if the HIN is also in a second location. The only other option is to loosen or remove the platform because the new buyer will want to verify the HIN, just as you did when you bought the boat.

Thanks - that's what I was thinking. It's easy to remove a small part of the flange on the platform to uncover the HIN - 5 mins work with a Dremel. All I need to know is how far off the centerline the HIN is so I can cut in the right spot. Cutting a small window won't make any difference to the integrity of the platform so it's not a big deal. Just looking for someone with a similar boat who can make a measurement off there's for me.

SJBrit

Cadet
I called down to the Sea Ray dealership and they verified that the swim platform has covered the HIN. I just need to Dremel-out a window which shouldn't take long. Thanks for the pointers.