2001 Sea Pro 190cc Questions

Fly-Yak

Cadet
I just bought this 2001 Sea Pro 190cc. I have a few questions.

I see there is a switch that says washout. When I turn it on, the large live well aerator pump runs.
The hose from this pump goes to both live wells but I don't see anywhere you could use this to wash down the boat.
I also have looked and looked and I don't see anywhere the rear light would store. The boat didn't come with the rear light but I don't even see where it could be stored.

In the back of the boat, between the two live wells, there are two brackets mounted a few inches off the floor. These brackets seem like something slid down in them. Maybe to put something to section off the back of the boat?

Any idea's?

Ahhhh-Spray

Cadet
Re: 2001 Sea Pro 190cc Questions

Welcome to the forum. I have the same boat and here are my best answers to your questions.

The washdown switch on mine is on one side of a two-position rocker switch with the livewell on the the other side (flip it one way for livewell pump and the other way for washdown). I don't have a washdown pump, so it doesn't do anything when I flip it to "washdown". I have attached a page from my manual that shows how the same pump that pumps water to the livewell can also be part of a washdown system, but there are other parts that are needed for the washdown. It sounds like your switch is wired up as if the other parts of the washdown system were there. Are there any signs that a washdown pump was there at one time and taken out? (old screw holes in the bilge, dead-end wires, etc.) As long as you're not sending out any current through stray wires, it shouldn't be a problem for the washdown switch to turn on the livewell pump. Just make sure the outlet for the hose to the washdown pump is capped off so you don't pump the bilge full of water!

I have a collapsible stern light that I stow in the fish box up front. I just lay mine in there, but you could get a set of storage clips and mount them to the underside of the fish box hatch. I think I got the light at West Marine.

I'm not sure about the brackets between the livewells. I don't have anything like that. Post a picture of them and maybe somebody can help.

Enjoy the boat! I love mine.

Attachments

• BaitSentry.jpg
    BaitSentry.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1

Fly-Yak

Cadet

Thanks for the information. I really like this boat.

I still cant figure out where they would have kept the rear light.

My washdown switch is like yours. When I switch mine down, it runs the live well pump. I am going to look tomorrow to see if there was another hose. I know it doesnt have the system, in your picture.

I will take a picture of the bracket I am talking about. After reading a little, I think it was a bulk head option for the boat.

I am heading out for the first fishing trip (in this boat) in the morning.

What motor do you have on your boat?

Fly-Yak

Cadet

How well does the motor push the boat? My motor, 115 2-stroke Yamaha, pushes the boat fine. I am thinking of changing to a 4-stroke.

Ahhhh-Spray

Cadet

It pushes great. I'd say time to get on plane is around 6 seconds, depending on load. I do most of my running around at 32-35 mph (per GPS reading) at 5200 rpm and it tops out at 42 mph at WOT (6000 rpm). My prop is a 14x22 stainless. I don't have any idea how many gph it burns, but it's pretty easy on fuel. Are you having motor problems?

Fly-Yak

Cadet

My motor is running very good. I would like to switch to a 4-stroke and would like to do it before I have to.

My motor is very clean and runs real strong. I figure, if I am going to change motors, I would rather do it when I can still get pretty good money out of my motor.

I fished this past weekend and the boat did great. It was pretty rough and the boat handled it great.

Very nice boats to fish out of.

I am getting ready to install a wash down system.

crc_21

Recruit

Fly-Yak - I just bought a 1999 190dc, but i imagine much of the setup is the same as yours. I have the same brackets you are describing, and a small bench seat slides into them.

I'm new to the boating thing, so I will probably have more questions than answers, but thought I would respond in case it is what you're describing.

Ahhhh-Spray - My boat did not have a manual when I bought it. Any chance you have any more of your manual as a digital copy? I realize our models are different, but it would probably be better than nothing.

Thanks!

Fly-Yak

Cadet

Any chance you can post some pictures of the bracket and seat?

Ahhhh-Spray

Cadet

CRC-I just scanned that page in for Fly-Yak. It's one of the few useful bits of info in the manual that is unique to the boat. Most of the manual is basically a boat operating manual similar to the stuff you'd get at a boating safety course. There is wiring diagram in it that may be helpful, but not much else. For example, there is no picture or diagram or anything about the brackets that you and Fly-Yak mentioned. If there's any info in particular you're interested in, let me know and I'll see what's in the manual and scan it for you.

Cee Scape

Recruit
Re: 2001 Sea Pro 190cc

Re: 2001 Sea Pro 190cc

I too have Sea Pro 190cc 1999 - 125hp Merc It's a great boat it's been mine for about 3 years. added fuel monitor added a radar to the t-top, then last the half swim step. I fish off shore San Diego usually with in 10 miles of harbor. Now I have a question has any one added a second motor (9.5hp) kicker. I am just wondering if the transom can handle the extra weight. ie 65lbs maybe? It would be comforting to have a backup engine.

Thanks

JoeMAMA!

Recruit

Hey whats up fellas.. I'm new to the forum myself, but my cousin owns a Seapro 190cc too! He's not so mechanically inclined, so I'm the one looking at this stuff normally. I always wondered what those two bracket things were in the rear - we just keep a knife handy in one side! We have a 125 Merc that pushes fine.. just made a run out to Coronado Islands two weeks ago! Serviced the week prior.

Some things that I question:
-Fuel Gauge accuracy - does anyone have any good/bad experience with these?
-Choice of transducer mount location? Looking to replace the weather fried Fishfinder currently mounted.. transducer is mounted on the right side transom.
-Baitwell problem: About a year ago we replaced the pump, and recently on our last trip we could hear it running but no water was coming out of the sprayer? Suggestions? (it still self fills underway)

Cee Scape: I would be greatful to compare boats and swap details anytime! I'm in the Mira Mesa area! (Launch out of Shelter Island ) Let me know!

juan 123

Recruit
Guarantee of 2003 Sea Pro Boats

Guarantee of 2003 Sea Pro Boats

The floor of my boat is cratch(this damaged is of fabrics) and I need to know who or what dealer will respond for this problem because this have ten years of guarantee. where I can call.

tommieb

Recruit

Hey, I could use a copy of that wiring diagram if at all possible.

We have a 2000 233 WA CC but no owners manual.

We need to replace some of wiring and we also need to replace the sink drain. Our sink is a molded one piece sink.

Anyone know how to get to the sink hardware underneath the sink? I don't see an easy access panel anywhere in the cabin.

Oh, one more thing. Our trim tabs have stopped working. The boat has been stored for a couple of years so we know that many things will need work. When we activated the trim tabs for the first time, they moved a little bit, then stopped and would not start moving again. We thought that it might be low on ATF but after finally finding and filling it, it still did not work. We can hear an audible click at the housing for the trim tab motor but the tabs do not more up and down. Any suggestions on what could possibly be the problem?