What kind of outboard do you have?

RickLentz

Cadet
I have been lookin gat a bunch of different places, and I am either looking in the wrong place, or my motor wasnt the original for my boat.
I have a 2004 190CC and it has a Yamaha 115 2 stroke, does anyone else have this same motor? Not that i have any problems with it, it has ran like a dream.

ovrrdrive

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What kind of outboard do you have?

Before Brunswick bought them they were putting Yamaha's on the back. After the buyout (2005 or 2006) they were Mercury exclusively. I have a 150 Optimax on mine.

Fraydknot

Cadet

I have 2006 270 wa express. twin 200 verados. I loving the way they run:):)

Fly-Yak

Cadet

I have a 2001 190cc with a Yamaha 115 2-stroke. It is the original motor.

Ahhhh-Spray

Cadet

For what it's worth, my '01 190CC has a Suzuki DF115 (four-stroke) and it's the original motor. Runs like a dream.

Deucenaqtr

Recruit

My 2100 has a Johnson 225 four stroke on her and she runs great.

ifishinri

Seaman Apprentice

My 2002 Sea Pro SF1700 has a Suzuki 70 Four Stroke. Just got it in December. Have yet to run it yet. Will advise..............

ifishinri

Seaman Apprentice

After seeing that you guys have 115's on your 19' CC's, I am wondering if I am a little under powered with a DF-70 on my SV1700 Bat Boat ??? What are you topping out at ???? The Suzuki website has a performance test with a boat similar to mine and they are claiming 35 Knts ................:redface:

Ahhhh-Spray

Cadet

According to my GPS, I top out at 40-42 mph, depending on load, on a calm day. What's the max HP rating on your capacity plate? You may need to stay a little under the max with a 4-stroke due to the extra weight.

bayrat126

Cadet

I have a 2002 170cc powered by a 2 stroke 90 hp Yamaha. Original motor. 36 mph on smooth water with power prop. 42 mph with speed prop. Power prop is great when loaded. 3 or 4 people and gear will turn 5400 rpm and 34 mph. Speed prop only useful when lightly loaded and two people. On glass smooth water by myself, GPS recorded 44.8.

ifishinri

Seaman Apprentice

bayrat126,
I asked what was your top end in another thread. I now have the answer from here. Interesting that you carry two props. One for speed and one for power. Do you know what the sizes & pitch is for each ??

The numbers from my Suzuki DF70 are on my prop and they read 13 1/4 x 17. I am assuming that this is the stock prop from the factory, as the previous owner didn't change much on the boat.

I will be fishing alone much of the time. At the most two 160# people and some gear. I would like to max. out the speed if I can.............

Gary

bayrat126

Cadet

bayrat126,
I asked what was your top end in another thread. I now have the answer from here. Interesting that you carry two props. One for speed and one for power. Do you know what the sizes & pitch is for each ??

The numbers from my Suzuki DF70 are on my prop and they read 13 1/4 x 17. I am assuming that this is the stock prop from the factory, as the previous owner didn't change much on the boat.

I will be fishing alone much of the time. At the most two 160# people and some gear. I would like to max. out the speed if I can.............

Gary

Prop info on other thread. Speed prop is kept only as a backup. Works but not well with how I fish. Sea Pro sold mostly 170cc and 190cc down here in South Texas.

sanguine1

Recruit

I also have the 170CC and am getting around 30 mph WOT with the DF70. Its a great reliable motor. The motor is great on gas mileage and is awfully quiet. If I had the chance I would probably put at least a 90 on it but for now its perfectly fine. I won't be complaining when $4.00 gas prices come around again. ;)

boling

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a 115 Johnson 2 stroke on my 180cc, 45mph gps lightly loaded, 38-40 with a load.

ovrrdrive

Petty Officer 1st Class

All of you guys posting these big numbers with the smaller motors make me think I need to play around with my prop a little. I have the 150 on mine and top out at 44 loaded. It will just about throw you out of the boat when I get out of the hole though. If props weren't so expensive I would have alreadyhad another...

bayrat126

Cadet

I could not believe the difference prop change on my 170cc made. I knew the 90hp yami would perform better than it did with the factory prop on it. Boat was fast with original prop in an unloaded boat. Hole shot wasn't very good though. Tried two other props before I found one that worked really well. WOT at fac specs and hole shot incredible. Lost some top end but I was looking for speed when loaded and hole shot. Some prop shops will let you try out different sizes and pitch before you buy. Good boating.

RickLentz

Cadet

Thanks for all the replies. Cant even remember why I asked the question, but oh well. I recently put a stainless prop on my boat and am loving it. It gets me up on plane almost instantly and improved my top end a little. I went from a 19 pitch aluminum to a 17 stainless in case anyone was wondering. Ever since I moved to NC I am seeing Sea-Pro's all over the place. I even had an identical boat to mine pull up to where I was fishing about 8 miles off shore a couple weekends ago.

Rick

mspm47

Cadet

I still have my original Yammer 150 on my 98. Still runs good.

21seapro

Cadet

I just got a 1989 210cc sea pro with no motor? what do you guys think i should put on it. I know its a heavy boat and i really wanna make sure i dont inder power it. any ideas?

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

our '03/'04 (bought new in '04 but it may well be an '03 model) Sea Pro 180 DC came powered by a 90 hp Johnson Ocean Pro outboard .... with it, the boat moves along in the low 30's which is plenty fast enough for us .... we are so pleased with it that when the time comes it will probably be the first boat I ever owned that we will repower with a new motor .... when that day comes I may well go with a bit more horse power (120 or so) .... we are considering the addition of a 15 hp Evinrude E-TEC kicker

Jim