Need info/help; bimini for Striper cc191

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just bought an 87 Striper cc191. The previous owner took good care of the boat but the mice made several nests in the bimini top while it was stored for the winter in his shed. I have no idea if this top and side rails are complete or not. I don't know what hardware or straps I need to properly install a new bimini top. I want to have a bimini for the boat because we go out all day when we fish, and I like shade when I'm on the water all day. Can someone share some knowledge and pictures of their bimini tops and how they are installed on their 191's or similar boats? I'll post some pics of what I have as soon as I resize the photos. Thanks in advance!

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Here are some pics. This is my first boat that has a bimini top on it, so I'm not familiar with how they attach to the boat. canopy 1.jpg
canopy rail.jpg

Last edited:

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The bimini that came with the boat was 6ft long. I opted for an 8ft bimini, so I hope it fits without getting in the way while we are fishing, especially if we fishing without the downriggers. I don't think it will be a problem.

Todd in NY

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I got my bimini top in the mail yesterday and installed it today. I ordered one that measures 73" wide x 54" high x 8' long. I used the rear support poles that were already on the boat, as well as the center mounting rails. All I had to install were the front anchor points for the straps, which I used 3/16" aluminum rivets for instead of screws. My boat measures 19ft long and 89" wide.

I was a little concerned about the 8ft length taking up too much fishing room on the boat, but the bimini extends from the rear of the back seat to just in front of the seat on the live well, which still gives plenty of room to fish. In the pictures attached below I have the rear seat removed for the purpose of re-wiring the boat (completed already) and replacing the steering system, which I hope to have done in a week or two.

Anyway, I wanted to follow up with this thread and post the pics of my 8ft bimini, just in case someone else had a similar question or concern.

0822151841-1_resized_1.jpg

0822151852-1_resized.jpg