1988 SS 175

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 SS 175

I'm considering a trade on a 1988 Sea Nymph SS 175. I drove the boat today and everything seems fine, but one thing bothers me. The boat leans to port significantly.

The current owner claims that it is because the engine battery and the auxiliary battery are on the same side of the boat. I weigh more than he does and it didn't seem to correct any when we switched and he let me drive. I don't think he's trying to pull anything shady; I'm just concerned that the real reason is waterlogged foam. I get that the batteries weigh roughly 60 pounds each, but it seems like the boat should have straightened out with me driving since I easily outweighed this guy by about 60 pounds. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Maximus71; August 26th, 2014, 10:44 PM.

Well, looks like it won't matter after all. I've decided not to trade for the boat. Too much of a project. I'm looking for a boat that is ready to use.

Comment

Can anyone answer this question? I have a CC191 1989. kinda does the same when under throttle, just sitting its level. My boat is dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer1000 View Post
        Can anyone answer this question? I have a CC191 1989. kinda does the same when under throttle, just sitting its level. My boat is dry.
        Please start a new thread of your own. Check the Forum Help link in the sig below. Thanks
        BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
        Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
        That is what the forums are for.
        Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

Working...
        X