The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

wilkiepup

Cadet
Re: The Official Sea Nymph Forum for seanymph Boat Owners

clarego, did you pic up your boat yet? Would love to see it. Haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if I missed it.
OOps, his post was from two years ago....lol...but I still wonder if he picked it up. :)

wilkiepup

Cadet

Looking good joelybob. Do you think any of us will get warm weather this year? LOL May get snow again today in Michigan.

View attachment 186208View attachment 186209View attachment 186210View attachment 186211Proud owner of a 1986 SC170 Sea nymph Fishtracker currently being rebuilt. just waiting for warm weather so we can glass plywood floor. Didn't take many pictures of progress as we were to busy working on it.View attachment 186207

joelybob

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Wilkiepup. warming up just a little here in vermont mid 40s little snow tonight. worst year for me with the winter blues and spring fever all at once.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Thanks Watermann, I'll be looking forward to seeing a pic of yours when your done painting. I'm going to scrape my old ones off and clean up the area for the new decal. I'm having the image transferred to decal locally. I'll send along a pic when I install them.

By the way, I was a PO2.... RM2 when I got out in 1969

You can run over to my thread below and check out the progress so far.

wilkiepup

Cadet

Thanks Wilkiepup. warming up just a little here in vermont mid 40s little snow tonight. worst year for me with the winter blues and spring fever all at once.

Same here. I usually like winter and snow a lot but this year it just seems to drag on. Like you, we will finally be getting into the 40's for a while. The snow is just about all gone and the ponds are opening up. I think we were all spoiled by last year's weather. It will make Spring that much more welcome though.

191Seanymphstriper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glad to see my thread going strong. And glad to see all the Sea Nymph owners out there. Keep up the good work!!! And Keep posting pictures

Watermann

Yes SN striper we have taken over your SN thread!

jvanhees

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well nice thread with lots of nice SN's! I love the custom paint job with the large sexy sea nymph on that red boat....and also like and will be stealing :laugh:, one of the two decals designed...watermanns or fly's on mine once painted....good work guys.

Here's my beaut...unfortunately I will not be splashing this spring I do not think. 76-78 SN SS160 16' 68" beam

Watermann

Well nice thread with lots of nice SN's! I love the custom paint job with the large sexy sea nymph on that red boat....and also like and will be stealing :laugh:, one of the two decals designed...watermanns or fly's on mine once painted....good work guys.

Here's my beaut...unfortunately I will not be splashing this spring I do not think. 76-78 SN SS160 16' 68" beam

Hey that's the first time I've seen a SN just like mine! I would say she's also a 1978 SS160 by the looks of her. Was the capacity plate missing from the transom or unreadable? You have a big start there tearing her down to the bones. Be sure to look the hull and ribs over very carefully for cracks, most of us find some. Great boat for sure and very worthy of being brought back to life with a full restoration.

Watermann

Wow jvanhees, I just looked over all your photo bucket pics. The PO of your boat sure liked gooping up the outside of where he thought it might be leaking. Your future is easy to tell... your going to be very friendly with your drill and wire wheel. That keel plate problem doesn't look too bad, it's fixable without welding. I would say some marine tex and gluvit on the inside would make her water tight again. Then when you flip her back over, it's on the bottom and not leaking, nobody will see it if it's not very pretty.

Oh and jeez! those are some monster wally dogs you get into. We have some good walleye fishing here too on the Columbia river but 10 Lbers come far a few between.

jvanhees

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow jvanhees, I just looked over all your photo bucket pics. The PO of your boat sure liked gooping up the outside of where he thought it might be leaking. Your future is easy to tell... your going to be very friendly with your drill and wire wheel. That keel plate problem doesn't look too bad, it's fixable without welding. I would say some marine tex and gluvit on the inside would make her water tight again. Then when you flip her back over, it's on the bottom and not leaking, nobody will see it if it's not very pretty.

Oh and jeez! those are some monster wally dogs you get into. We have some good walleye fishing here too on the Columbia river but 10 Lbers come far a few between.

Watermann, you are right. it took probably 4-5 hours, a burnt up grinder and many wire wheels to get all the "goop" off. Literally a pain in the back! I am just not sure how safe I would feel without that being welded? I dunno, it may just be me, but I always have fixed holes in my boats with welding. I do appreciate all guidance, and thank you for yours. I will be needing it in my build thread for sure.

As for the Eyes, we have some of/if not the best walleye fishing in the world about an hour from my front door...so we take advantage of that. Have pulled up 2 10 lbers this year so far, and another 9lber that would be 10 if she wasnt spawned out!!!!

Watermann

Here's a look at my restored 35 year old Sea Nymph.

takeyourbase

Recruit
Re: The Official Sea Nymph Forum for Sea Nymph Boat Owners

Hi Ed, happy to discover the Official Sea Nymph Forum. I've been looking for something like this ever since I bought my Sea Nymph CC 191 Striper seven years ago. Thanks for setting it up. Have a question for all of us: What is the hull thickness and aluminum grade of the Sea Nymph CC 191's ? I'm a Long Island Sound fisherman( SE Connecticut) and my Sea Nymph handles the rips but I take her in once the chop gets around of 3 feet at which point she is pounding on the wavs. She is kept in the water all summer at a slip. Wanted to make sure my efforts to prevent galvanic corrosion are working and might have the hull thickness tested.

Thanks,

Takeyourbase

Watermann

Welcome to the forum TYB. I don't know much about aluminum gauges or grades but I know you have a great boat! Post up a pic or 2 when you get the chance.

jvanhees

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Ed, happy to discover the Official Sea Nymph Forum. I've been looking for something like this ever since I bought my Sea Nymph CC 191 Striper seven years ago. Thanks for setting it up. Have a question for all of us: What is the hull thickness and aluminum grade of the Sea Nymph CC 191's ? I'm a Long Island Sound fisherman( SE Connecticut) and my Sea Nymph handles the rips but I take her in once the chop gets around of 3 feet at which point she is pounding on the wavs. She is kept in the water all summer at a slip. Wanted to make sure my efforts to prevent galvanic corrosion are working and might have the hull thickness tested.

Thanks,

Takeyourbase

Welcome! And lets see that SN!

hemirr

Recruit

Hey looks like this forum or thread is somewhat active...great. My wife and I just got a 16' Sea Nymph with a 20 Johnson. The boat documentation says it is a '65! Runs great, has a little flip down mini-transom for the trolling motor, never seen one quite like it. I'll get some pics on here soon. Anyway I could use a little advice...the hull has a drain at the stern port side as usual, but when I checked it out a little more and pulled the standard expander plug out I saw that it is threaded. I didn't measure yet, but it is little big for the expander plug although by tightening it a lot it does seem to hold fairly well. I checked the Iboats parts area for plug and a great variety but nothing like this! Any ideas?

We actually downsized. We had a 10' jon from my wife's dad's estate, with a little 4 Johnson. It needs a tuneup and left me stranded to use the oars a couple of times so we took it off and put a 30 Minn Kota on there which was fine. But it just wasn't big enough for both of us to move around at all. So last summer we bought a big 18' Starcraft Supersport aluminum boat with a 115 Johnson. It would fly but was a bear to get out of the water, and heck I had to concentrate more on running the boat than fishing and enjoying. So we just sold it and bought this Sea Nymph trying to get the "just right" boat for fishing and exploring the shoreline of the lakes around here (Monroe County Indiana)

Watermann

Welcome aboard hemir, glad you found us here. When you get a chance post up some photos of the SN.

Sounds like someone installed a "garboard drain" type of plug in your boat and put a regular drain plug in it. Does it look like this?

Garboard Drain - iboats

takeyourbase

Recruit

Thanks 191SeaNymphstriper, for posting those neat pictures of your CC 191. I have one as well (1988) and working to make it look as nice as yours. Great to finally see someone else's as well; not many out there. I'm on the Sound as well but in SE Connecticut a couple of miles from the CT. River mouth. Lot's of tide action and some wild chop at times. I can get through it taking it slow but love the high gunnels! and the sloped step-in forward of the transom. I'll pull out the entire deck after this season, so I'll keep you posted and see if you might have some suggestions.

TYB

I now own a 1987 19 ft sea nymph striper Model 191 Seanymph striper

The boat without motor or equipment is 1050 pounds

The boat is 19 and a half feet long

The boat is 89 inches wide at its widest point in the rear transom

The boat has 33 Inch Side gunnel very deep for this size boat

The max H.P is 140H.P

The boat has a 27 gal built in fuel tank

The boat has room enough for a kicker to be mounted on transom without any extra bracket

Live baitwell underneath front of console seat.

dry storage under foward casting deck

Dry storage under aluminum bench swing back seat.

This boat is not just a bay boat

This is ocean boat ready and capable!

Very dry and handles very well in ruff open water

Here is a link to the boat performing in ruff open water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMt3GgMIDtc

084-3.jpg

086-2.jpg

089-2.jpg

087-2.jpg

088-2.jpg

hemirr

Recruit

Welcome aboard hemir, glad you found us here. When you get a chance post up some photos of the SN.

Sounds like someone installed a "garboard drain" type of plug in your boat and put a regular drain plug in it. Does it look like this?

Garboard Drain - iboats

It is threaded like that, except a lot bigger. I've found some Gaboard plugs which are much smaller than my threaded hole. It also has a flare on the underneath side like to protect or streamline the plug sticking into the stream.

Here are a couple of general pics of the boat and the info tag too, if I did it right!sea-nymph3.jpgSea-nymph2.jpgsea-nymph1.jpg