The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

wilkiepup

Cadet
Re: The Official Sea Nymph Forum for seanymph Boat Owners

Hello all,
We are in the process of purchasing a 1990 Sea Nymph 14 M today. We are really excited to be joining your ranks. One thing we will be persuing (as so many others are) is how to put a floor in it. I have copied off a couple of comments on this forum already and will be happy to hear from any others who have ideas.

Thanks
Paul and Marilyn in Michigan

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Great remodel! Tons of work. My 19.6 GLS steering broke. It is also an 89. Do you know if I just purchase a similar length steering cable with a transome, or is there a specific way other than just cable length? The replacement units I have seen on the web come with a transome that appears to be quite a bit smaller. Thanks for any guideance you have.

You should be able to just look up your part here at iboats and get new cables, I did by my motor year and length needed. Just to be sure I would remove my old cable first and be sure that it didn't come unscrewed on either end. Then if the cable is broke, measure it and I would order 2 and replace both since the other one won't be far behind.

Boat Control Cables - iboats

Watermann

Welcome abroad wilkiepup. Glad to have another Sea Nymph'r on deck.

BruceDeuce

Seaman

Hello all,
We are in the process of purchasing a 1990 Sea Nymph 14 M today. We are really excited to be joining your ranks. One thing we will be persuing (as so many others are) is how to put a floor in it. I have copied off a couple of comments on this forum already and will be happy to hear from any others who have ideas.

Thanks

Welcome aboard!!!!

wilkiepup

Cadet

Thanks for the nice Welcome!

Well we brought the boat home last night and she is a beauty! BUT, she isn't a 14 M, she is a 14 K! Found her on some sites. We can't wait to take her out...come on Spring! The boat was just as described in the ad....great condition with lots of extras.....an '89 25 HP Mercury, a Min Kota 40 trolling motor, a Humminbird TCR ID-1 fish finder, oars, an anchor, fuel tank, 4 rod holders, 2 nice seats and a good trailer with a couple of spare tires.
Right now we are only planning one modification - a carpeted platform between the bow and the first seat for our dogs. They are small dogs but love to be on the water. They don't fish though so the platform will be removable. :)

http://flic.kr/p/e3iWGg

Hello all,

Thanks

Watermann

Nice looking little SN you have there, it is in great shape. There should be no problem at all adding some decking to the bow area.

wilkiepup

Cadet

Nice looking little SN you have there, it is in great shape. There should be no problem at all adding some decking to the bow area.

Thanks Watermann. We think it will do us fine for a long time. We'll be using her up north here in Michigan on the Manistee river and other lakes around there primarily. We can't wait for the snow to leave and some warmer weather.:joyous:

flymill

Cadet

Watermann, after staring at your decal, I decided to spend the time and develop my own for the 1978-79 SN's. I photographed the image off of my boat and developed it in PS
NymphCombostarboard.jpg

joelybob

Petty Officer 1st Class

sea nymph project.jpgsea nymph 13.jpgsea nymph 8.jpgsea nymph 7.jpgProud owner of a 1986 SC170 Sea nymph Fishtracker currently being rebuilt. just waiting for warm weather so we can glass plywood floor. Didn't take many pictures of progress as we were to busy working on it.sea nymph3.jpg

Watermann

Watermann, after staring at your decal, I decided to spend the time and develop my own for the 1978-79 SN's. I photographed the image off of my boat and developed it in PS
View attachment 186156

Nice work flymill! I had mine made into 3m vinyl stickers and will apply them after the paints on.

wilkiepup

Cadet

Joelybob, Looks great! Good quality work. Should be beautiful when you get a chance to finish her.

joelybob

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks wilkiepup, boat has a little history for me, my father bought it in 1988 we used it a couple of years and then he got sick. it sat around for a couple more years(wish i wasn't so young and dumb back then i would of kept it) and we sold it to a friend all he wanted was the motor and then he sold it locally and there it sat for 20 + years until i bought it back last june. long time for the less then 2 miles it traveled. but hopefully we will do a splash sometime in may. its been out of water so long i hope it remembers what to do haha.

flymill

Cadet

Thanks Watermann, I'll be looking forward to seeing a pic of yours when your done painting. I'm going to scrape my old ones off and clean up the area for the new decal. I'm having the image transferred to decal locally. I'll send along a pic when I install them.

By the way, I was a PO2.... RM2 when I got out in 1969

flymill

Cadet

Thanks Watermann, I'll be looking forward to seeing a pic of yours when your done painting. I'm going to scrape my old ones off and clean up the area for the new decal. I'm having the image transferred to decal locally. I'll send along a pic when I install them.

Watermann

Thanks wilkiepup, boat has a little history for me, my father bought it in 1988 we used it a couple of years and then he got sick. it sat around for a couple more years(wish i wasn't so young and dumb back then i would of kept it) and we sold it to a friend all he wanted was the motor and then he sold it locally and there it sat for 20 + years until i bought it back last june. long time for the less then 2 miles it traveled. but hopefully we will do a splash sometime in may. its been out of water so long i hope it remembers what to do haha.

Great story JB, she is a nice looking SN for sure!

joelybob

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks watermann.

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yikes, this is getting interesting.

Welcome to all new Nymphers.

For me, part of this Iboats thing is seeing all the options people come up with. And now look at all the varieties of SN logos. jasoutside came up with one in his resto, H2oman has a beauty, flymill shows some really nice creativity and of course we have the originals from side of boat.

since not going to paint mine i am thinking maybe just decals all over ..... just kiddin but will have to use some form of these creations !

If this forum and creative thoughts keep progressing the boyz and girls of the Starcraft armada will get jealous

Welcome aboard to all eh.

Beauty all.

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

What is this...looks like US Navy stuff.....RM2... Radioman 2nd class I'm guessing

I got out in 69 also, EA3...see if you recognize that one.

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is going to be fun to see all the spring launches for these Nymphs.

flymill

Cadet

Third class Aviation Electrician