The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Re: The Official Sea Nymph Forum for seanymph Boat Owners

My capacity plate looks like it could use a restore as well. I did find an online source to buy new ones where you just add your data to the lines. Boat capacity plate sticker Layout A1W| GarzonStudio.com

IMAG0224.jpg

BruceDeuce

Seaman

Some sweet looking Sea Nymphs! Thanks for posting!

flymill

Cadet

It's great to see the care and neat ideas that others have applied to their Sea Nymphs. I own a 1979 Sea Nymph Deep Vee 16R40 and have modified it primarily for hand lining for Walleye. The first mods were decks and storage that were badly needed.

myfishingboat.jpg

Last edited:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Welcome flymill, nice rig:thumb:

Watermann

Hey flymill, great SN you have there and a very nice restore job. Did you have someone make the SN hull decal?

BruceDeuce

Seaman

It's great to see the care and neat ideas that others have applied to their Sea Nymphs. I own a 1979 Sea Nymph Deep Vee 16R40 and have modified it primarily for hand lining for Walleye. The first mods were decks and storage that were badly needed.

Welcome from NJ. And just so you know this thread aint worth **** without pics.!!!

flymill

Cadet

Thanks to all for the welcome and comments. Watermann, the decal is a 1979 original. However, it is showing signs of age, and currently is missing some of the original material around the edges. There are decals available for sea nymphs, but none can be had such as the ones that came on this particular model, which was designated as a utility boat. I'm sure that by photographing the existing decals, and bringing them into PhotoShop for touchup and resizing, they could be transferred to a blank decal for a suitable replacement. I have reproduced many small decals using this method in the past. It's time consuming, and one has to ask the question as to whether or not it is worth the effort.

BruceDeuce, sorry to disappoint you. I felt that the images on my Sea Nymph web page were far to numerous to download here, and therefore utilize a lot of unnecessary server space. I do agree that a thread such as this without pictures, or a hyperlink to pictures, would be rather limited in it's scope.

fwdview.jpg

Last edited:

~Nickolas~

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well isn't that the strangest contraption you ever saw... I have never seen an outboard inside a boat where the inboard was/is supposed to be... That is odd... How does it handle/steer with it set up like that?

this is my old sea nymph

image00352.jpg

image00392.jpg

image00402.jpg

image00412.jpg

image00362.jpg

~Nickolas~

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a 19' boat with a 140 Johnson on the back and it runs a 19" prop on it just fine. The main factor is you want your motor to run in the correct rpm range at WOT so you won't damage your outboard. That motor should turn say 5000-6000 rpm's at WOT I think. You want it to be right there or it will lug the engine and hurt it possibly from not enough umph... A good idea is to stick with what came on it as close as you can. You may be able to go up a number or two for more speed or down one or two for more pull. And I agree with the Turning Point props they are excellent props. I been running them for several years now and really like how they perform.

I picked up a 140HP Evinrude looper for my 195GLS.

For anyone with a 19' Sea Nymph and a 140HP, what prop are you running? I need a prop, and don't want to buy the wrong pitch to begin with. I'm thinking a 17P would be okay, and probably could run a 19P on calmer water, but I am on Lake Erie, and need the low-end for those days when it's 3'-4' swells, and don't know that a 19P would give as much control.

Any suggestions?

thanks

BruceDeuce

Seaman

Thanks to all for the welcome and comments. Watermann, the decal is a 1979 original. However, it is showing signs of age, and currently is missing some of the original material around the edges. There are decals available for sea nymphs, but none can be had such as the ones that came on this particular model, which was designated as a utility boat. I'm sure that by photographing the existing decals, and bringing them into PhotoShop for touchup and resizing, they could be transferred to a blank decal for a suitable replacement. I have reproduced many small decals using this method in the past. It's time consuming, and one has to ask the question as to whether or not it is worth the effort.

BruceDeuce, sorry to disappoint you. I felt that the images on my Sea Nymph web page were far to numerous to download here, and therefore utilize a lot of unnecessary server space. I do agree that a thread such as this without pictures, or a hyperlink to pictures, would be rather limited in it's scope.

View attachment 181017

Nice boat, real clean!

Watermann

Tell me what you think about this hull decal I made up. I'm thinking of sending it to a vinyl co.

seanymphlogo.jpg

Watermann

OK, I fired off my graphic to Vinyl Lettering | Custom Vinyl Lettering and they came back in short order with a mock up and the cost of $40 for 2 decals at 31" L x 6" w shipping included.

BruceDeuce

Seaman

Tell me what you think about this hull decal I made up. I'm thinking of sending it to a vinyl co.

seanymphlogo.jpg

I like it take a pic when you get it on the boat!

flymill

Cadet

Your decal looks really nice. I looked for a font match to the original that is on my boat and couldn't find one. Yours looks pretty close. I really like your Sea Nymph (mermaid) drawing; it adds a nice touch. I'm out of town right now, and won't be back for a couple of weeks, but would be happy to post the measurements height and length of the original decal, if that would interest you.

Watermann

Your decal looks really nice. I looked for a font match to the original that is on my boat and couldn't find one. Yours looks pretty close. I really like your Sea Nymph (mermaid) drawing; it adds a nice touch. I'm out of town right now, and won't be back for a couple of weeks, but would be happy to post the measurements height and length of the original decal, if that would interest you.

I've seen at least 3 different factory fonts for the SN hull decals, it seems to depend on the year and model and this one is as close as I could get. Your font is exactly like the one I had. When I got my boat there was only a faint outline of where the decal used to be, someone had peeled it off years before. I decided to pop for the decal from the vinyl decal co. I also got from another co, a new decal set for my Johnson. It's exact including the Loop Charged decal for the top, the guy added it for free since the package didn't have one but my motor did.

I think I might be going overboard... or so the wife tells me.

BruceDeuce

Seaman

I've seen at least 3 different factory fonts for the SN hull decals, it seems to depend on the year and model and this one is as close as I could get. Your font is exactly like the one I had. When I got my boat there was only a faint outline of where the decal used to be, someone had peeled it off years before. I decided to pop for the decal from the vinyl decal co. I also got from another co, a new decal set for my Johnson. It's exact including the Loop Charged decal for the top, the guy added it for free since the package didn't have one but my motor did.

I think I might be going overboard... or so the wife tells me.

OVERBOARD lol Thats a good one!!!!

Watermann

As I stripped off the layers of paint last week, this appeared before my eyes.

IMAG0309.jpg

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

Keeping all our fonts organized:

When I saw Waterman's post reminded me havent visited das boot for awhile so took this pic:

seanymphonboat.jpg

Watermann

Keeping all our fonts organized:

When I saw Waterman's post reminded me havent visited das boot for awhile so took this pic:

seanymphonboat.jpg

Hey SG the photo didn't come through in your post above until I replied. That's a bit odd, oh well too cool photo. It seems we have/had the same exact decals.

PWR54

Recruit

Interior near complete!

View attachment 84327

Great remodel! Tons of work. My 19.6 GLS steering broke. It is also an 89. Do you know if I just purchase a similar length steering cable with a transome, or is there a specific way other than just cable length? The replacement units I have seen on the web come with a transome that appears to be quite a bit smaller. Thanks for any guideance you have.