The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

jhmsla

Recruit
Re: The Official Sea Nymph Forum for seanymph Boat Owners

I want to replace the transom on this boat but there are two holes with sleeves through it. Do I just drive these out, tried that but didn't want to screw it up. Look at the Sea Nymph logo any clue what I have here? Looking for help so thank you all. Joseph

Attachments

• boat 3.jpg
    boat 3.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 4
  • boat 1.jpg
    boat 1.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 3
  • boat 2.jpg
    boat 2.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 3

jhmsla

Recruit

Hello,
Sorry but didn't get the pictures I need for you all to solve the mystery of this boat.

1) Are the holes in the stern for the transom to drain removable to be able to replace the wood?
2) Look at that logo-any help to identify the age of boat-betting it's old.

Stripping everything out down to bare metal and redoing all, this thing had more foam I don't think it could have sunk!

Attachments

• boat sign.jpg
    boat sign.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 4
  • boat holes.jpg
    boat holes.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 4

Hello, I'm a beginner boat owner. I own a 1987 Sea Nymph Tournament. 19 foot. it has a 1989 mercury mariner 60. I've done much work fixing many small items. It is in need of internal re-wire right now. The pigtail plug to the harness is good and the wires leading off it are good for at least 16 inches, so I will solder to them and go from there. but I don't know what guage wire would be "best" to use. I don't ever want a risk of overload, I like overkill if possible. I've read I should get "marine grade" wire. I've had little success online getting boat info, I don't have a manual for the boat either. Where can I find an electrical schematic for this, or at least color codes? and a manual? I've found a basic bass boat schematic that's easy to follow i'm planning on using, but it doesn't show different colors, only red and black. And I know it changes with manufacturers too. I'll use any color code if I can't get a sea nymph, just something that makes sense ya know?
I've done too much to list but here's some: New bimini straps and buckles, moved bimini forward so it doesn't interfere with rear lid or fishing while it's down and stowed, filled many small drill holes from previous owners and fishfinders, etc. cleaned all gaps/cracks til no debris remaining. (whew !) cleaned tanks, repaired livewell pipings/clamps, sorted out tons of extra wires, down to basics but still needs replaced. Welded a nice elevated platform for fuel tank and batteries and now you don't have to lean so far and try to remove heavy batteries, and nothing slides around or gets wet, much easier. Added many nice spring clamps for oars, stern light, fishnet, etc, removed bowed plywood flooring someone put in on top of good flooring, (work in progress), tightened throttle lever, currently removed wood dash, am gong to make a new one, maybe a tad different, sorta custom. tons of small things that add up to "nice". I love detailing and restoring things. Dad's doing leather work to the steering wheel right now. :)
So I need to get waterproof toggle switches, some fuseable links, a hot and a ground bus, wire, connectors, solder, etc., all i need is the important information to continue. hehe. Thank you very much,
I just signed up today !

This is one pic I found of the '87 Sea Nymph Tournament. I love the seaworthyness of this boat. It feels solid. I'd sure appreciate any information someone could give me on this boat as far as where I could get a manual and wiring diagram/schematic. I couldn't believe I actually located a new foot pedal for the 'ol powerdrive. Works good now !! Thank you all for your any time you may put into helping me. I will always take the best of care of this project, guaranteed. I think i'm gonna name her......"Dreamboat Annie" Sea_Nymph.jpg

BruceDeuce

Seaman

Well this is the first pic of our new Boat 1990 GLS175 SEA NYMPH. I bought it from a friend for $1000.00. It runs and no leaks. This has been used in the rivers off the Raritan Bay in NJ. I will use it in the Bay as well. My Dad always had runabouts when I was a kid and we ran it on the Bay.

boat029.jpg

boat006.jpg

erik1225

Cadet

Hi all,

I just acquired a 1989 Sea Nymph GLS 195 with a 88hp Evinrude and a 9.9 Mariner kicker. The boat appears to be in excellent condition, everything appears to be solid. It has some older electronics that I will be upgrading. I plan on dragging it between my two fishing spots, the Delaware Bay and Lake Ontario.

I look forward to posting issues and resolutions on this board as questions arise. Pictures shall be posted as soon as taken.

Erik

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Pictures shall be posted as soon as taken.

Erik

Hey welcome to iboats Eric! Looking forward to checking out your new/old Sea Nymph:applause:

BruceDeuce

Seaman

Hell jasoutside, I posted pics and introduced myself and noone said howdy. Guess my pics werent big enough lol

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hell jasoutside, I posted pics and introduced myself and noone said howdy. Guess my pics werent big enough lol

BD, your picks rock man! I sure like your rig, looks like a great fishing platform:thumb:

BruceDeuce

Seaman

lol thanks Jasoutside was just ribben ya. Havent fished the boat yet waiting for spring.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

I'm glad to see there's a Sea Nymph owners forum here at iboats. I have a 16 foot 1978 Sea Nymph with a 55 HP Johnson and the boat is in need of it's second rebuild. I was thinking of buying a newer boat but I've been here reading up on all of the SN project boats and everyone's loyalty to these well made boats has made me decide my boat is very worthy of a 3rd chance at life. Since I have a few months before the spring thaw, I'm going to be stock piling parts in the garage for when warmer weather permits me to start on the rebuild.

I have a question, has anyone here used deck armor in their boat? I do not want to put carpet in my boat again, it stains, stinks, holds water, expensive, difficult to work with and sooner or later gets ripped up. I used deck armor just not in a boat and am very impressed with the surface protection not too mention it's non skid.

powrguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I picked up a 140HP Evinrude looper for my 195GLS.

For anyone with a 19' Sea Nymph and a 140HP, what prop are you running? I need a prop, and don't want to buy the wrong pitch to begin with. I'm thinking a 17P would be okay, and probably could run a 19P on calmer water, but I am on Lake Erie, and need the low-end for those days when it's 3'-4' swells, and don't know that a 19P would give as much control.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Watermann

Not sure about the pitch for your Evinrude but as far as props go, I have nothing but good to say about the Turning Point hustler prop I bought from iboats. To replace the blade is almost half the cost for the prop "shell" when you can just reuse the hub system. IMHO it's best to stick with the factory specs which is what I did for my prop choice.

Streetgang

Petty Officer 1st Class

Most excellent, I didnt realize how well this thread is growing.

I have a restore going on (see signature below) and will start throwing some questions / observations over here going forward.

Thank you SN Striper !

BruceDeuce

Seaman

I'm glad to see there's a Sea Nymph owners forum here at iboats. I have a 16 foot 1978 Sea Nymph with a 55 HP Johnson and the boat is in need of it's second rebuild. I was thinking of buying a newer boat but I've been here reading up on all of the SN project boats and everyone's loyalty to these well made boats has made me decide my boat is very worthy of a 3rd chance at life. Since I have a few months before the spring thaw, I'm going to be stock piling parts in the garage for when warmer weather permits me to start on the rebuild.

I have a question, has anyone here used deck armor in their boat? I do not want to put carpet in my boat again, it stains, stinks, holds water, expensive, difficult to work with and sooner or later gets ripped up. I used deck armor just not in a boat and am very impressed with the surface protection not too mention it's non skid.

Never heard of deck armor myself but I hope some here has used it on their hardwoods as I would consider it myself.

BruceDeuce

Seaman

Come on you Sea Nymph owners post up some pics of your boat!

erik1225

Cadet

You asked for a pic here you go.

Taken last weekend, the hoops and the bucket in the front are for the winter cover. Took it off so that I can do some work on it as the weather was pretty nice. I purchased it late last year, a 1989 GLS 195.

IMG_0168.jpg

powrguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1987 GLS195 with an Evinrude 90HP. Bought last year (2012)

sea nymp 195 gls.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Awesome boats there guys!

Watermann

Never realized until I started looking but in my pics the boat is always under me. :laugh:

100_4350.jpg