The Official Post a pix of Your Sea Nymph Forum

buckmaster221

Recruit
Re: The Official Sea Nymph Forum for seanymph Boat Owners

This is cool that Sea Nymph owners finally have our own thread!

I posted something last year regarding my 1995 Sea Nymph for a deck replacement, here is the thread: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=386230&p=2588518#post2588518

I figured it would be easier to get some questions answered on this thread since it is an old thread. I was not able to start the restoration due to financial issues but am hopeful that I will be able to get it done this year.

I want to get this done so I can get out on Erie and the Detroit River for some Walleye action this spring and summer! I haven't been on either bodies for several years and I am itching to get out there. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy panfishing as well, but Walleye are so much fun and not to mention some of the best eating fish going!

MuskyHunter1

Cadet

A couple things to keep in thought, use a good grade carpet if you want it to last, I like to keep the sheeting for the deck at 1/2" cause of weight, stainless staples for the parts you fold and staple. I use a exterior contact spray to adhere the carpet to the wood. I just recently started using Advantech sheeting for decking, it has a fifty year warranty at which Im probably only expecting 15 to 20 years on a boat and it's a lot less expensive than marine plywood. I'm not a big fan of screws, they always seem to work there way loose, I use 3/16 x 3/4 aluminum x aluminum rivets, you can obtain them from a variety of places. A fifty pack is about 8 bucks.

doberski

Recruit

I have a 1978 Sea Nymph that has been storred for 20 years. Its a model 16 R with the steering option. The steering cable needs to be replaced. Does anyone know who manufactured the steering systems for these boats in 1978?

Thanks

rthor58

Recruit

I think it is great to have a forum for seanymph Boat owners. Since there is one I have a question on parts for my 1993 14 ft Sea Nymph. I need a few things but I am looking for a part that has come up missing. It is located in back starboard side of the boat that is made of aluminium and is the part that is use to carry the boat. It has a handle and is tranangle shaped. I would like to know how I could find this part?

Thanks,
rthor58

MuskyHunter1

Cadet

I went through a simular search for a larger boat and came up empty, these parts were cast from molds that aparently no longer exist, I made a cad drawing for mine and had it machined in alluminum from a buddys machine shop.

Larry Glady

Seaman

1977 16 footer with 77 25 hp evinrude love the boat other than water laying inbetween the ribs dont want wood on the floor any ideas???

Larry Glady

Seaman

can i build up the floor with epoxy/bondo? the paint with bedliner paint ribs r only about 1/2inch high water would then flow to transom any ideas???? thanx.. tired of wet feet from rain, minno bucket

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

can i build up the floor with epoxy/bondo? the paint with bedliner paint ribs r only about 1/2inch high water would then flow to transom any ideas???? thanx.. tired of wet feet from rain, minno bucket

You could use composite decking boards on the floor, they cost more but wont rot.

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

Love my 1984 155 F&S, she needs some TLC again but has been a perfect fit for me. Gotta do some aft deck work, and recarpet then re-paint. Already re-vinyled the bow seats and put in new console seats, and put on a new antenna for the new stereo going in with custom dash's..

Trailer tires are dry rotted, so I gotta get those too...

I would love to repower from the 1962 Johnny 28, but still no budget for that.

Erics098-1.jpg

fanof8and3

Recruit

Hope I do this right, I have inherited (so to speak) a 83 model bass attacker. It is in need of restoration which I am more than willing to do, already started. I need pics of the gas tank compartment if available, I have nothing to go by, give to me in pieces. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Will be needing lots of answers Im sure. Thanks in advance

fanof8and3

Recruit

The main thing I am looking for is how to number1- find a new trim and tilt assembly for the 50hp mercury engine (mine shot) then second is how to hook it all back up. Dont have manual or any pics of how it looked before they took it apart and I would like to do it right when I put it back together. Thanks again

pikefisherman

Petty Officer 1st Class

I bought a used light gray fishing boat Sea Nymph
The last owner had it in the river a lot. Can I use something to remove the water mark on the side?

skinnett9

Cadet

irritable bow.jpgI have this old boat its an 11.5 footer with a 1973 20hp Chrysler (very fast and fun) I was told it looks like a sea nymph, but i have no idea. Its a pre 72 model because it has no HIN, can anyone help me out?

beckoning

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Is this site still active? I have an '89 GLS 195 that I truly love, and am thinking of doing a floor replacement and polish the exterior. It seems to be a rock-solid big water boat, ideal for the solo Lake Michigan fisherman like me.

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

View attachment 104141I have this old boat its an 11.5 footer with a 1973 20hp Chrysler (very fast and fun) I was told it looks like a sea nymph, but i have no idea. Its a pre 72 model because it has no HIN, can anyone help me out?

Looks like either a Nymph or a Grumman.

matthewjames

Recruit

I am restoring my grandfather's 1983 Sea Nymph 16'7" Sea and Ski. I live near Lake Erie and am anxious to go out and fish; however, I do not have a manual. It has a bilge pump and live well. Was wondering what the 2 holes coming out the rear are for? I need to get a copy of an owner's manual of anything similar to my boat so it can help me use my boat safely. Please help. Thanks

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

Do you mean the 2 holes about the size of your thumb near the uppermost of your transom?

If so, they are drains for the splash well.

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

Hit the lake yesterday finally after lots of work!

Then my control box had issues shifting.... But it was great to get out for a little while.

1stlakerun2011.jpg

Castaway.jpg

jhmsla

Recruit

Hello,
Well I am open and good for this because I need some help, please.
1) what did I buy, nobody knows what year it is
2) look at the "keel" ? is it ok to get new one and rivet in place
3) had side console but got taken out before me and thats fine for there is more room
4) whats with that piece that runs only on one side, looks like something to attach something to

This project will keep me off the streets for a whileboat 3.jpgboat 1.jpgboat 2.jpg

Oh yeah, chech out that sea nymph decal

sryoung67

Recruit

New to this forum and found it while searching for info. Just bought a Sea Nymph 220GLS Cabin. She's a bit rough and needs some TLC but I think she will make a great boat.