owner's manual for 16R40

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam2sam

Seaman Apprentice
Hi, folks. Anyone know where I can download or purchase an owner's manual for my 1973 Coho 16, or any 16R40 deep vee SN of similar vintage? As an open aluminum utility, most things about the boat are quite obvious, but there are a few of details that I'd like to learn more details about from the manufacturer. Thanks.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Not likely to be available, if you did find an owners manual it would have pretty generic info about boating.

What info are you looking for?

iam2sam

Seaman Apprentice
For example, I am thinking about adding oar locks to my boat. There is a vertical boring and short support tube of about 5/8" diameter (eyeballed) in the gunwale top on each side a little over halfway to the stern that is lined with a plastic bushing. I suspect these may be intended for oarlocks. A manual would (hopefully) answer that question for me. The PO also kludged up a crude transom filler to accomodate a long shaft motor. I plan to remove that modification and (depending on what I find) restore the transom to its original short shaft configuration. A manual and the photos it would likely include would be helpful in that assessment.

SAM

jbcurt00

Staff member
Actually, I doibt any of that would be in the owners manual.

Sales brochire might show a pix w oars in use, but only if they thought that it'd help sell the boat.

Yes, I'd suspect those are oar locks.

A brochure might show an intact short shaft transom, but not in enough detail to help rebuild it, IMO.

Post some pix of it, and you'll likely.get some help from other members, but fewer then if this topic was in the rebuild forum. I can move it for you..

Radical

Cadet
Hi, do you know what the maximum laden weight is for the 16R40? The numbers on my manufacturer's plate are not legible, and I'd like to know what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.