My new Sea Nymph 14R

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Sea Nymph 14R

Hi Picked up my first ever boat on Saturday, a Sea Nymph 14r, unsure of the year of manufacture (not stated on the omc plate). Very please with it, it did 19 mph on its first run with a Suzuki DF15hp. I will have to test outboard trim & make adjustments to get best performance as it got to 16mph on half power but seamed to gain little extra speed when at max.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 17.14.53.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	10056516
    How do SN's handle in a 1-2 foot sea - I was planning to launch in more sheltered sea estuaries. These boats seem to be quite rare here in the UK, not surprising being 20 -30 years old.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jbcurt00; October 5th, 2015, 07:36 PM. Reason: Merged posts

Congrats on the "new" SN 14R and welcome to the forum. My 14A gets about 5.5 to 6 mph with an Evinrude 3.3, so you are probably in the ball park of top speed. I can't change or adjust the trim on that motor while I am moving. I don't run my motor much above 2/3 throttle because, like you mentioned, there's very little gain in speed.

Comment

I moved this to it's own topic and merged your posts

Please see my comments posted in the topic you originally posted this to.
      Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

Comment

My 14A handles 1ft chop very well, can't speak for the 2ft stuff yet.

Comment

Working...
        X