Scout 152 Fish / A few questions

Busbey

Seaman Apprentice
Got this on trade for my truck and loving it, but a few things are bothering me. There are no seat back cushions or seat cushions for that matter.
here is a pic with same boat and cushions.

IMG_0281.JPGalso on the back of the boat are a few weird brackets i have no idea what they would be used for. Just added the seat base on the back which seems fine but also could use some reinforcement. trying to figure out a way to do this. maybe some wood on the inside and attach it on the outer parts of the fiberglass hood? i also need to get a new slide rail for the Bimini top along with new hardware. the 50 Yamaha does pretty good although it has a gas smell. i found that on the inside of this has some foam and over the years just adapted the smell. still trying to figure out how to remove the smell but not the foam.. ??? would like to put a windshield on this too and not sure how it would look or options of design.

here are some pics to show you guys what i am dealing with. any and all advice/critisim is appreciated!

https://picasaweb.google.com/Brian.Busbey/Scout152Fish?authuser=0&feat=directlink

what is this for
IMG_0233.JPG

this is for a Garmin, are there adapters for Lowrance or other brands vs re wiring boat?
IMG_0290.JPG

this now has base covering but i would like to make it more stable
IMG_0234.JPG

where could i find door for this compartment?
IMG_0227.JPG

also in that picture, the only gauge that works is the RPM. how could i fix the other ones? Battery, Trim and Temp (i think)

a HUGE concern of mine is the steering wheel. when i turn it, sometimes it catches and i cant turn without forcing it. other times, it kinda slips into place and i can turn freely for a good 1/2 turn. someone said something about the cables inside or a steering box? could i get more information on this please? i need this fixed asap for obvious reasons.