Sanger's wake enhancer?

purpleV

Recruit
Hey guys,
I have a 98' V210 I am thinking I need a little more wake. my question is...does Sanger have a system to enhance the wake like the malibu wedge or tige taps system? and if so can i retrofit it to my 98 v210? If Sanger doesnt, how much ballast do i need to make a difference?

TMoNeE

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Sanger's wake enhancer?

Im new to this but ive had a lot of people swear by the fat sac's...

intheOK

Recruit

Sorry, I can't help much with the wake question on your '98. I have a new V215 and am too looking for some advice. Is there a V215 owner out there with experience building a surf wake?

SangerTom

Seaman

I have a 2005 V210. Have a sac in the footlocker. Adds some nice wake - not a huge amount but nice - and keeps the nose down. The guy I bought it from had another one up front in place of the seats in the bow and one on each side of the engine in the lockers. Was told by a number of people that it had the most awesome wake.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sangers often have a fixed plate off the end of the transom, called a barefoot plate. The hulls are good with no plate on them. With no plate they take a touch longer to plane but build a steeper wake. The best solution is the Bennett trim tab that replaces the fixed plate. Then you can tune the wake to the shape you want. The only other device to add wake to the Sanger is weight.
A 210 can easily take 1100# of water with sacs in the rear lockers and the ski locker. Some people add much more than that. If you are surfing you put all the weight on whatever side you will surf on. You need a lot of ballast in any boat to surf. As with any boat, more weight in the back makes the wake taller and steeper and more in the front makes the wake clean further back.
The wake for wakeboarding or surfing on the Sanger is of excellent quality, and it just gets better with more people or water ballast in the boat.
Sorry to post this so late. I didn't notice your post until now.

Here is my son surfing behind my D215 driving straight with ballast.

Attachments

• P8230082.jpg
    P8230082.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 0