Sailfish by Seminole Marine

Anyone have any information on a Sailfish boat by Seminole Marine out of Havana, Fl? I have a 17.5 ft 1993 Sailfish with a 1993 90 hp Johnson V4. Just wondering if there is anyone else who has one and has info. Thanks.

MyViewGS

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Sailfish by Seminole Marine

Sorry for the delay. I didn't see your post until today. I have a 1992 Sailfish 200 with a Evinrude 140. Sailfish is still alive and building boats. They are actually located in Cairo, Georgia which is only a few miles from Havana, FL. They made the move several years ago. I've had mine for just a few months and it's a project boat so I dont have much to offer, however, my boat is extremely solid and I have read many good comments about Sailfish. They have a site here:
http://www.sailfishboats.com/
I did call them once looking for a fuel tank. I talked to "Earl" in their shop. He was friendly and helpful though he couldn't fill my need.

Lrider

Chief Petty Officer

PM me and let's swap notes

I have a 1995 176 cc with a Johnson 88

Seawolf_504

Cadet

I just purchased a used 1995 Sailfish 174cc with a 1998 90hp Mercury Force motor. The boat, motor, and trailer are all in excellent shape. The elderly gentleman who owned it previously obviously babied it and kept it covered or in a garage because the clear coat looks great and the boat has no stains or discoloration. The inside of the motor looks brand new and it cranks right up and runs great. I ended up paying $3500 including GPS, Radio, and Depth/fish finder.

Someone on another forum told me I got ripped off because Sailfish boats have wooden stringers, but I look at this boat and it's been barely used. The bilge is the cleanest I've seen on a used boat and I don't think it's ever had water in the boat. Anyway, most say it was a good buy and say the boat will serve me well, but I would like to know how it is constructed. Even if it does have wood stringers so do many other boats that age and as long as you maintain it and pay attention I dont see a problem with it.

Anyway, any info you guys have I'd love to hear it. thanks

afish

Recruit

I have a 17.6 1996 dc its a great boat. I have a 55 hp yamaha good on gas; The gas tank is huge 40 gal. how does your boat move with 90 hp.

retiredfornow

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a 1996 17' Sailfish, center console, with a 60hp Evinrude. I love the boat, hard to steer at real low speeds. I'd like to find out how they were built under the floor. On the fore side of the splash well, there's a hole at the bottom. It's a real crude hole, almost the size of a drain plug. It keeps dripping water, about a pint/quart a day. I'm thinking the styrofoam is water logged. Wondering what under the floor looks like before I start cutting inspection holes.