Questions about Rinker bawrider's hour-meter. re-set .. any help and ideals?

Newbateau

Seaman Apprentice
We're looking for our first boat and very interested in a Rinker bowrider 2005. The boat looks very clean and nice, and the owner of the boat is the second owner, who just bought it one year ago, and he used it for about 80 hours. But the problem is he said the hour-meter of the boat was reset to zero by the first owner, so he didn't really know how many hours the boat was used by the first owner. He said the owner told him it was used for about 120 hours. We asked him why the hour-meter was re-set, and he said he had no ideal about it.

So, our question is if it's risky to take a boat like that? anything could be hidden? Is it possible the motor was replaced, is Rinker boat motor trust-able? The boat looks really clean and nice, we're pretty confused now... Many thanks for your reply.

floater212

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Questions about Rinker bawrider's hour-meter. re-set .. any help and ideals?

if it is like mine the hour meter is in the tach and I replaced mine twice in 3 yrs, the meter is off but the total of prior hrs I wrote on back so there will be total hrs if needed fast. mine is a 2005 212 xr1 ski boat, total hrs is near 300 runs like a top, just starting to replace plugs, cap, rotor and wires this, not because it's needed it's because I want to.