Rinker 170 Captiva

pokman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi,

Lookin to get a bowrider, found a 94 170 with a 125 merc outboard on it. Haven't looked at it yet hopefully in a day or two. Anyway how is Rinker? I have a family of four so the size will be fine. Anything to look for with these boats. What would a good price be in your opinion, sorry for the rather vague description but until I see it I won't have more info, just lookin to get opinions on the boat and motor. Thanks

stubbsboogie

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Rinker 170 Captiva

I have not had mine long enough to give a really expert opinion... but ours is very well put together. Fit and finish is great. We are coming out of a Glastron GS180, the rinker has a much more quality feel to it. Ride is excelent I know they are different boats but from our research when we purchased ours Rinker has a pretty good rep. We love ours so far. Good luck post some pics if you can.

Just make sure to check for rotten stringers and deck. Also make sure the motor has good compression.

pokman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Rinker 170 Captiva

Boat looked good I liked it. Was clean and in good shape. I offered him 4k he said he would think about it but was hoping to get around 5k for it. Everything looked and felt sound but being winter here in WI I told him boat would have to be checked out and driven to complete sale. Fingers crossed hope to hear from him this week either way.