speedometer dosnt work

Dons was so helpfull with my fuel problem, I thought I would ask about my speedo not working, 1994 rinker captiva 190 i/o 4.3 merc
my friend said to clear the hole in the out drive with a wire, I did that with no results, is there any kind of test that would tell me if it is the speedo head or another problem, it would be nice if it worked, Thanks Mike

mvn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: speedometer dosnt work

I would also check the hose running from the outdrive up to the speedo for cracks, kinks and other anomalies. Also, check the connection at the speedo itself.

mikey.himself

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Shoot some air in there. worked on mine. Not too high pressure, though.

micro

Recruit

hey mikey,,,where do you shoot the air....I have the same problem with my bass boat....no speedometer

danyboy

Cadet

Dons was so helpfull with my fuel problem, I thought I would ask about my speedo not working, 1994 rinker captiva 190 i/o 4.3 merc
my friend said to clear the hole in the out drive with a wire, I did that with no results, is there any kind of test that would tell me if it is the speedo head or another problem, it would be nice if it worked, Thanks Mike

you can remove hose from behind speedo gauge and use another peice of hose(bypassing existing hose) and blow into it,this should tell you if its the gauge or blocked line,ect.