Rinker 282 Captiva Cuddy

BCboatnut

Recruit
We are thinking of getting a Rinker 282 Captiva Cuddy. Does anyone have any opinions on Rinker boats? Are they a decent boat? Anybody have the 282 Captiva Cuddy and would like to share your experiances? We are thinking of either getting the Volvo GXI or Volvo GI motor. Any opinions on either of these motors? All your help would be greatly appreciated!!

aqpweene

Cadet
Re: Rinker 282 Captiva Cuddy

Hi, we had a 2000 Rinker 180 bow rider that we bought new. We were very happy with the boat and had no maintenance issues. We kept it till last year when we got the bug to go bigger, the only reason we did not go with Rinker again was the lack of availability at the time we were looking. <br />Good luck

rinkersucks

Recruit

I own a 232 Rinker Captiva Cuddy and its the worst thing I have ever been on. It is so rough in the water that I am actually sometimes sore the next day. I have had numerous problems with. I have had the supports to the extended swim platform broken, had that repaired and they are starring to break again. Now fiberblass around the stringers have large cracks in four different areas of the boat. I have had it at the manufactuer twice in six months and they still tell me there is not a problem with this boat!

KCSteve

Cadet

BC Just found your post and thought I would respond. I have a Rinker 232 350mag Bravo 3 and it's been a great boat. Over 100 hrs on her and no major problems. Had a couple of small issue which Rinker took care of under warranty. I've seen the previous poster comments on other forums and I believe his problems are a rarity. Most Rinker owners seem to very satisfied with there boats. I would highly recommend them to any one. I typically boat in 2ft lake chop and the ride is great, not rough at all.

bvwebb

Recruit

I have a 1998 232 Captiva Bowrider 5.7L Bravo 3 that I bought last year as the second owner. It is by far the best riding, lowest maintenance, and most powerful boat that I have owned. I've been boating since 1979.

partimer

Recruit

hi, in reguards to the Rinker 282 cuddy. i have owned rinkers boats since 1986. curently i have a 282 bow rider.2005 with a 496 Ho- 20hrs. fully loaded.special edition. great handing.very sea worthey, I plan on selling this boat and buying a 370 fiesta rinker.I have been out in lake michigan.lake erie.lake huron,with the on board gps, 600watt stero system, never had any problems.