Rinker 342 ???

Kojack

Cadet
Looked at every boat in the 34-36 class and find the Rinker 342 tough to beat. Anyone own one or have an opinion. I boat in coastal NJ.<br /><br />In advance thanks!

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Rinker 342 ???

Had a look at some of the 342's for sale here on iboats, and yes, they do look nice. But, at that price level they ought to be nice. Just curious; in your opinion, what sets these boats apart?

Kojack

Cadet

Originally posted by Stevens:<br /> Had a look at some of the 342's for sale here on iboats, and yes, they do look nice. But, at that price level they ought to be nice. Just curious; in your opinion, what sets these boats apart?
_______________________________________________<br /><br />Hey Stevens,<br /><br />Compaired to the Searay 34, Regal, Chapparal it is anywhere from 100-60 thousand $$$ less. It is also loaded with standard equipment that is optional on all other boats.<br /><br />As for construction, it is 100% hand laid glass, vinylester resin, no coring in the hull and it weighs in dry @ 14,230 lbs. That's 200 lbs. less than Sea Ray. I just can't justify another 100K for the Sea Ray.

ChesBay

Recruit

Kojack,<br /><br />I also looked at numerous boats over a 3 year period, prior to buying our 2006 Rinker 270. I I spoke with numerous owners, marine surveyors, and mechanics who all agree Rinker offers excellent value and solid construction. I also checked the information in the BOAT U.S. consumer data base. <br /><br />I would purchase from Stone Harbor in NJ(we did), have heard nothing but good things. Good luck in your search! <br /><br />Here are some links I found useful:<br /> BOAT U.S. Rinker Review BOAT U.S. Consumer Database <br /> Rinker Owners Club

ChesBay

Recruit

My error. When I pasted the links in my previous post, it resulted in HTTP:// being typed twice. Just delete one and it will work.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

We gave the 342 a 2nd glance at the boat show and I have to admit for the money it's tough to beat for finish and standard equipment (fridge and ice maker in cockpit). The Admiral said it didn't have enough storage down below (is there ever enough?) Anyway...don't see how you could go wrong with one.

Kojack

Cadet

Thanks for all the responses so far!!!<br /><br />There must be someone out there that has had a problem? Is this too good to be true?<br /><br /> BTW I'm considering the 5.7 Volvo's with the new composite Ocean Series I/O...any thoughts?

sailsmanship

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had a 27 Rinker and loved it. When it was time to move up, I researched the heck out of the 342 and determined that it was by far the best value.I feel the construction and fit and finish is excellent. It weighs alot more than all the competetition except Searay, which I consider good IMHO.I was impressed with all the standard features it offers that the others don't. I would definitely reccomend this boat.If you don't mind the fuel expense, I would reccomend the Mercruiser 496 MAG Bravo 3's,but since you are in salt the composite drives might be the way to go.

mattttt25

Commander

probably the best bang for the buck out there. my buddy has an older model 32' rinker- he bought for all of $19K. put 5 grand into it, and it looks and runs like it's brand new, no lie.<br /><br />i've looked at the new models and they offer so much for the price.