renken seamaster 2288 info

binkin

Cadet
can anybody give me some info on places to get specs, tests,wieght, on a renken 2288 seamaster WA 1989. besides this sites specs.

fitzpack

Recruit
Re: renken seamaster 2288 info

Well I can't give you specific specs, but I can give you first hand experience with this boat. I purchesed it new in 1990 after looking at everything else in higher price ranges. Grady, Wellcraft, Chriscraft, etc. I did alot of research at the time The 2288 was heavier, had more cockpit space, a deep walkaround and a large cabin. To make a long story short I still own this boat today, 17yrs later and I still love it. The hull is perfect! I've been in some nasty weather 30mi offshore and this boat handles very well. Great at anchor, great in drifting, and it is not a wet boat. I fish this boat almost every weekend with 4-5 guys with no problem. Just make sure you have at least a 175hp or larger because this boat is heavy. I run a 200hp up from the orig 150. Big diffrence in performance. I hope this helps.

binkin

Cadet

fitzpack- check your private messages I dont know how to move it here

sankanother1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't know of any tests but I do know that it weights 2850 dry.I have never heard a bad thing about the 2288. I have yet to get mine in the water.I rebuilt the power head It came with the boat in five boxes.It is a sea drive 140,That seems a little underpowered to me But I only have 1200 total into this boat so far.It Should not coast much more.I do have many many hours in it though.Thats the trade off I guess.:D

binkin

Cadet

Mine had a 4.3 i/o I bought it cheap and want to know weather to put a v-6 back in it or go up to a v-8. The specs on this web site say 3700lbs dry weight . Some of the information I have found on it indicated the v-6 was a little under powered.I have never driven it.I have found some online 1988 and 1990 with v-8s but I think they only came with 4.3 v-6

Last edited:

sankanother1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Do it..5.7 is the way to go in your situation,The mounts are in the same location.It weighs only 40lbs more.Any horsepower you want and it may even be more economical.The rebuild will cost the same maybe even cheaper .Some of the parts are even interchangeable.If six+reasons are not enough well then I cant help. As far as the weight of the boat goes go to to NADA.com,I have four boats and the info from that site is correct.Mine is a 87 with the 140 listed but the I/O cant be 1k different.

binkin

Cadet

I am going to put a 5.7 in it . Now I have to get one . My other boat has one but wife would not like me taking it out she thinks this boat is not as nice . no carpet ,no vinyl ,not flashy colors. I also just finished the other boat 2 1/2 years ago. That seems to be as long as I could go without any boat project.

stonelock

Cadet

I am looking for info on a 2001 2588 seamaster with a 5.7L engine , my outdrive was stolen and i need to replace it but don't know what pitch/size prop to use.. i need a owner/service manual for this boat, any help would be appreciated so much.....tks

Aliasjhnsn

Recruit

Have Seamaster that has been sitting under cover for three years on good galvanized trailer in St. Augustine FL. For sale.
Any interest?

I've got an 88 2288 Renken and have a few questions.
There is a Flojet pump mounted on the back wall by the battery. the discharge goes through the side of the boat but the suction line is not hooked up to anything? Any idea what this was used for?