new reinnell boat owner

natvmansuperx

Recruit
hi everyone i just bought a very nice 1977 reinnell cuddy cabin boat with a 302 v-8 in it. looks like it was very well taken care of before it was consfiscated by storage company and they moved it to uncovered spot till auction. here in the phoenix az area the sun is like acid, destroying everything cloth or vinyl related. i would love to see pictures of what it looked like new or someone elses restored boat. thanks for having me, rev. scottie riggan.:D

bharness

Cadet
Re: new reinnell boat owner

Read your posting. I am looking a buying a 1975 Reinell with cuddy. I am located in Eastern Washington, so I can relate with the sun problems.

I would like to see pics of your boat. Are you going to do a full blown restoration?

I plan on doing a full restore if I buy the Reinell. Part of me is hesitant to take on such a project at my age (64), The other side says "what the heck".

Keep me posted and look forward to seeing pics

natvmansuperx

Recruit
Re: new reinnell boat owner

i am going to redo all of the interior items and the top myself. i used to do this kind of stuff all the time before my disability got so bad. nowadays i work a little then go in and rest for a while. it is not your age but your will that needs to be measured. i am sure you could do it. if you have a medium size compressor and a stapler to plug into it you can do 75% of it. you can also buy an old heavy duty sewing machine on ebay for 50 to 100 bucks so you can sew the corners. i can hardly wait to get started on mine. mine is white and yellow on the outside. the existing interior is white yellow and red with a tan cuddy. i am going to go with purple yellow and white. i just need some purple graphics for the sides of the boat. it will look like the phoenix suns away uniform!!!! well good luck, and if you want to swap pics give me your cell number and i will send them to you. haPpy motoring, aft s e Riggan, USAF, ret,disabled.