Regal Leisure Cat 26

N3UP

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just got myself a 96 Regal Leisure Cat 26.
Does anyone have any information on this boat?

Regal has nothing about it on their web site.

CCboater1234

Recruit
Re: Regal Leisure Cat 26

I just got myself a 96 Regal Leisure Cat 26.
Does anyone have any information on this boat?

Regal has nothing about it on their web site.

I am thinking of buying a 94 Regal Leisure Cat and I'm finding very little about them on the web. How old is the motor on yours?

N3UP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Mine has a 96 Mariner 225.
Not sure of the total hours because the hour meter had been replaced, but it has 220 hours on the present meter as of the end of last season.

Where are you located?

CCboater1234

Recruit

Mine has a 96 Mariner 225.
Not sure of the total hours because the hour meter had been replaced, but it has 220 hours on the present meter as of the end of last season.

Where are you located?

Chicago/Cape Coral, Fl

N3UP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The Leisurecat is a pretty neat boat.
Mine was originally in Cape Coral, now it's in Delaware.

I did find at least one other one up here.

If you need a trailer for it, Owens & Sons in St Petersburg built mine for a good price.

CCboater1234

Recruit

The Leisurecat is a pretty neat boat.
Mine was originally in Cape Coral, now it's in Delaware.

I did find at least one other one up here.

If you need a trailer for it, Owens & Sons in St Petersburg built mine for a good price.

Thanks, but whatever boat I get will be on a lift in the canal

CCboater1234

Recruit

Bought it about 2 weeks ago. We all love it but boy does it suck the gas and oil! It has the original 94 Merc 200 2 stroke. Think I'll be looking at a new motor within 2 or 3 years. Maybe go down to 175 or even a 150 4 stroke. Any thoughts on that?boat-2.jpg

N3UP

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bought it about 2 weeks ago. We all love it but boy does it suck the gas and oil! It has the original 94 Merc 200 2 stroke. Think I'll be looking at a new motor within 2 or 3 years. Maybe go down to 175 or even a 150 4 stroke. Any thoughts on that?View attachment 137681

I wouldn't go down in HP. Mine has a 225 and while I feel comfortable with it, I have at times wished for a little more oomph...

What info I was able to find about the Leisurecats showed they were sold with either a 200, or 225 HP outboard.
Most that I have seen for sale that appear to have original motors have Mercs. Mine has a Mariner, which is just a Gray Merc.

Personally, if I were going to repower, I'd go with an Evinrude E-Tech.
The E-Tech seems to be about the same on fuel at low speeds as most 4 strokes.
Usually 2 strokes are lighter than 4S, but some threads I have read recently say that the difference is somewhat less in the higher HP (200+) range.

The 225 Merc/Mariners are 3.0L V6 motors, and I think the 200's are 2.5L V6. Mine doesn't seem so bad on fuel to me, so maybe the larger displacement motor doesn't have to work as hard...... But I really don't have any reference to compare it to since my previous boat was a very old 65HP Merc.....

My shop manual lists the weight of my carbed 225 as 445 lbs. The 225/250 EFI motors of the same vintage (95-97) are 455 lbs.
If you are bent on having a 4S, that is the weight target I would look for. I really wouldn't any more weight than that hanging on the back of mine.
Bottom line, if I had the 200, I'd be looking to go up, not down.