1989 raven boatworks 2250

cfudge

Recruit
hello guy`s
i just got this boat a few weeks ago and she nice outside but needs alot of work inside. but thats ok . i seen this boat in a friends back yard and i had to have it. i`m spent alot of time searching the web but no luck until now. my raven is 22.3 ft long with 8ft beam it has now motor or drive and i`m looking to save on gas . i think it had a 3.7 4cyl merc in it from new but i could be wrong on that. so any ideas on what to put in this boat.

well guy`s thanks for all the input >>>i`v decided to go with ford mercruiser 302 v8 and outdrive assy i found on ebay in wasaga beach and got complete assy with low hours. i have taken all interier out and did a complete cleaning . also replacing all interier with teak wood and stain and marine varnish and all new carpete with led lighting including deck lighting. replacing all wiring and going with updated fuse panel with breakers not glass fuses. this could be the summer she goes in the water . its been a long couple of years collecting all the items i need to complete this reno.as you will see in the new pictures i was given a dual axle trailer from my landlord for free and have to paint it and new tires and rimes and brakes wow what a saving that was. well send more as i go on thanks again.

ok updates sence i started this poject and its been a long one ,,,here are some new pic`s and its been now over two years and i`m still not done but as you can see from the start i only had an empty shell but now its almost done take a look i hope all you raven boat owners enjoy it as much as i have and how much you learn when you go the way i did.

Attachments

• 43521gd_20[2].jpg
    43521gd_20[2].jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 5
  • PHTO0035.jpg
    PHTO0035.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMGP1581.jpg
    IMGP1581.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 3
  • IMGP1599.jpg
    IMGP1599.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

HARROL

Recruit
Re: 1989 raven boatworks 2250

I got my Raven from my Son , he bought it from a car auction awhile back. I sold him my Aqua Sport and through the Raven in on the deal last January. Mine is a 195cc with a 140 HP engine. Needless to say it being 20 years old it needed a lot of work so I started fixing things and in 6 months have done enough to get in the water to use. I have had it out 6 or 7 times in the last month and it runs good and is fast, 41 mph. By the time I finished working on it I had a two page list of things I did on it. Everything from Major to simple things. I say finished but owning a boat is a ever lasting work house and money, as the old saying goes, a big hole to pour money into. And that is true. I've owned boats almost all my life, I'm 75 , so that is alot of boats. I want to wish you good luck with your Reven, there isn't many around, I hear they were only built for two years. All the owners would like to know more about them. Not much infor out there. Good luck with yours. Harroll.

CaptainVlad

Cadet

I am not sure if you already restored the boat, I have the same boat, same color, and when I researched it, I found out that they did come originally with 10 engine options, ranging from a 115 hp Merc 3.0L; to a 800 HP Merc 8.1L.

Not sure if you are still looking for good engine for your raven. I have a red '89 Raven. I just completely rebuilt transum, stingers, and deck. My boat has a 5.0 liter Alpha 1. It performs well. Gets up on plain easily. It tops out at 45mph. But, I typically run about 3200RPM. Which is bout 30mph. At that speed I seem to get exelant gas milage. I'm not sure of the boat weight. But, If you have an options, I wouldnt go less power than a 5.0.

Dave

RavenFLA

Recruit

I have a 92 Raven Boatworks 2250. I got it from the original owner who lived in NC. Only 100 hrs of fresh on the OMC Cobra. It sat under their sprinklers in FLA for a while which messed up the deck. Then we had a bad rain and the stringers started to rot. So we rebuilt the whole damn think. Took everything out and built it back up again. Soaked everything in EBOND (very expensive, but I'm not doing this again). I will have pictures of the project soon. In fact Im getting ready to do a run/test. My mechanic just re-did the tilt arms and gave it a once over. He said I stole the boat at $3000.

I am not sure that you are going to get much more gas "mileage" out of a conventional carbed engine. But keeping the engine in good timing, compression and spark can't hurt.

There is a story going around that the boat came from a guy that was a bit "sideways" and somehow got the hull and bottom molds from another manufacturer. When the company started to tank, he took the money and ran. But everyone that I have heard of said that this boat is as strong of a boat that you would want.

Good luck with your project, I'll check in soon.