My granddads ranger

proanglerwannabe

Seaman Apprentice
I posted this question under another profile. Now I am asking for everyones assistance if possible. I would like to find out if either of my grandfathers rangers are still in use. I have a problem though, I dont have a HIN or the reg number nor do I have an exact year or model. I know I am running repeatedly into a wall in the dark but I would like to try to find them. He bought then new in the 80's. Had to be between 81 and 86. I know it was a Ranger because I thought it was a beautiful boat. with the sparkly paint as I called it. It was a metallic burgandy or maroon color as original. His name was William T. Tyner. He was from Macon GA. I am not sure where the nearest Ranger dealer was at that time. I have spoken to DNR and they have info but cant give me anything because I am not the executor of the will. My uncle is in too bad of health to go to the DNR so I am SOL for now. I would like to beg anyone who has a Ranger in the early to mid 80's to research the HIN and REg number to find out if my grandfather owned it. If anyone finds anything please let me know. Wheather they would be interested in selling it or just an update on how the boats are doing. Please any help is better than none at all.:positive::wave: