procraft boats

Oshi

Seaman
Looking for some input on this boat.. Any is appreciated, excellent shape, solid compression on 1992 Mercury XR2 150. The boat and motor is a 92 model and have been told by the owner that is has less than 100 hours of use. The interior, carpets, and seats all look great! Good or bad? Price is 7500. Please help with input!<br />Oshi

Karl Seibel

Seaman
Re: procraft boats

Oshi<br /> Bought a 88' Pro-Craft bass boat on e-bay about a year ago. $1,600 w/ a 50hp...had to do some cosmetics which cost me around $500 max...carpets, engine look over and tuned..misc. extra's...but don't really know must about the worth of older engines but mine runs fine, don't know how many hr's on on it...just know how many hr's are gonna be put on it...good luck, seibel

Missouri

Cadet

I can't estimate the value of a 1992 Procraft, but have a 1982 with a Merc 115 that I bought new in 1982. It's been a great boat. I would recommend that you get in the boat and walk around and watch for soft spots in the floors. Procrafts weren't build as solidly as some other bass boats, but they cost a little less and hold up very well if cared for properly. Check under the battery boxes for deterioration from battery spills. Have the engine compression checked and open the lower unit and check for water in it. Cosmetic items like dull gelcoat will clean up miraculously well.

wrestler20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

what model boat? I have a 91 astro fish and ski(same manufacturer, same hull as procraft fish and ski's) Boat is a bit slower than comparable models because of the weight. Check out under the floor ski storage area really good for rot, these things are notorious for rotting under there. The only other complaint is that the marine group doesn't follow up on there boats at all, if you call them to ask a question about your boat, they will tell you that they don't keep any records on boats that old. I love my boat, but there have defenitley been issues with it, but then again, it's a boat, so there will always be issues.

roybrown

Recruit

I am looking for seat replacements for my 1987 procraft fishing and skiing boat. The seat dimensions are 16 1/2 w by 18 1/2 d. I need two. The boat is a 1660V. Please email me with any help in finding these. Thank you.

roybrown said:
I am looking for seat replacements for my 1987 procraft fishing and skiing boat. The seat dimensions are 16 1/2 w by 18 1/2 d. I need two. The boat is a 1660V. Please email me with any help in finding these. Thank you.

Roy
Did you have any replies to your post? I have an 1990 Astro Bass(Procraft)boat and I too have been looking for some seats.Would like to keep as org.as possible

Windykid

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I took mine to a local apolsterer and the price was fair and a great job

eyedoc2020

Recruit

I need some help. I bought a used Procraft 170 Fish & Ski last year and there is a lever on the wall of the boat in front of the throttle that I can't figure out what it is for. There is a black diamond on one side and a white diamond on the other side. Can anyone help tell me what it is for?