1982 23' Pro line walk around

Chas0218

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I am looking at a 23' 1982 Pro line walk-around, doesn't have a running motor but I have a 150hp to put on it. I was just wondering if there were any problem areas these boats had other than the stringers and transom.

Thanks,
Chas

Chas0218

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1982 23' Pro line walk around

No responses after 44 views? that has to be a record. haha I went and checked out the boat and I think the tank needs to be replaced. The floors and transom were solid, I am taking another look tomorrow and going to double check the stringers. Anyone know if these boats had aluminum tanks? I could smell gas but who knows where that is coming from.

Jeel

Cadet

Stringers, Transom, and decking were not well encapsulated. I rebuilt a 21' W/A and replaced the transom, stringers, and decking. When I tore into the boat the fiberglass shell on the stringers was the only thing intact. Fuel tanks are aluminum, but surrounded by foam, which causes water to settle on that tank full time........pitting occurs and then over time pin holes cause the tanks to leak.

Other than that, great layout and boat for fishing......

Chas0218

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Stringers, Transom, and decking were not well encapsulated. I rebuilt a 21' W/A and replaced the transom, stringers, and decking. When I tore into the boat the fiberglass shell on the stringers was the only thing intact. Fuel tanks are aluminum, but surrounded by foam, which causes water to settle on that tank full time........pitting occurs and then over time pin holes cause the tanks to leak.

Other than that, great layout and boat for fishing......

I know I am bringing this up from the archives but, the boat is actually encalsulated but only with clear fiberglass resin on the back side. The transom is mint without ANY dry rot along with the stringers and floors. the floor in the cuddy had water at one time in the bottom so it is soft but can be walked on (I built a sub floor that is easily removable for under deck access.) All controls worked, we caught a good amount of fish out of this summer along with water skiing, and tubing. The boat is serving it's process well and will be used in the spring for walleye fishing. Can't wait to get back out on the water. I re-wired the entire boat added a few things.