Gas tank feeder line attachment for 1986 Pro Line

jwnall

Recruit
My 1986 20' Pro Line has developed a bad case of blockage in the fuel tank. I can blow out the fuel line, but it just comes back in a while. The tank is a bit rusty, and I cannot tell if the attachment on the top of the tank to which the fuel line from the engine is attached would screw out, or if it is permanent. If it screws out, I would like to take it out and clean it good, but hesitate to force it if it is not supposed to unscrew. So, the question is, does anyone know whether or not it unscrews? Original tank.

BBow

Recruit
Re: Gas tank feeder line attachment for 1986 Pro Line

I also have a 1986 20' proline center console. I have the same question about removing the fitting. I woluld also like to know how big the tank is. I have one line coming in at the front of the tank and one at the rear. Are these both pickup lines. After filling tank and using about 7 gallons it appears to be low on gas- sputtering trying to get on plane acting like low on gas but will idle fine. Addition of gas will correct problem. Any thoughts?

tjhowell63

Cadet

Measure the inside of the tank. Take the depth and the length in all 4 direction. Then search online for a volume calculator. This should give you a rough Idea, or contact Pro-Line. They have very limited info, but on my 88 23' it did state the capacity (116 gals) in my case.

Chas0218

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My 1986 20' Pro Line has developed a bad case of blockage in the fuel tank. I can blow out the fuel line, but it just comes back in a while. The tank is a bit rusty, and I cannot tell if the attachment on the top of the tank to which the fuel line from the engine is attached would screw out, or if it is permanent. If it screws out, I would like to take it out and clean it good, but hesitate to force it if it is not supposed to unscrew. So, the question is, does anyone know whether or not it unscrews? Original tank.

Are you talking the rear pickup or the filler? My '81 has a 90 gallon alum. tank and the rear pickup unscrews and allows you to pull the entire pickup out. The filler neck I believe is welded in place.

The capacities should be labeled at the top of the tank next to the fillerneck.