How much did you guys pay for your Porta Bote?

civility

Recruit
Hi,

I am new to this Porta bote thing. I have been a shore fisherman for 20+ years and a kayak fisherman for 4. Now i want to move up to a motorized boat and given my currently living situation I think a 12ft Porta bote might be my best choice.

However, the quote I got from my local dealer was higher than the average retail price listed in the link below, even after the discount. So this got me wondering, how much did you guys pay for your porta bote? Is the suggusted retail out dated?

Thanks in advance!

Civ

2013 Porta-Bote International ALPHA1 Standard Equipment, Boat Value, Boat Price & Craft Specs | NADAguides

barato2

Commander
Re: How much did you guys pay for your Porta Bote?

i got mine used for 700, complete with trolling motor, oars, and factory bimini (latter a pile of poop best avoided). there's not really much to go wrong with these that you can't readily see, and i see a lot of em on CL for half the new price or less. plus you might be able to find one of the old ones with marine plywood seats and transom instead of the current plastic versions.....much sturdier, IMHO, and easy to make new if the old ones ever crap out. look at my "portabote returns to the sea of cortez" thread for more pics of what these can do.

a PB is a good choice for a yakker as it will deliver similar minimalist fishing experience....releasing a sailfish:
P1010473.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]