234 ss listing to port

Buzztwombly

Recruit
I bought a 2014 Monterey 234 ss and it seems to be listing to port noticeably. All storage is mostly on the port side of the boat, which would be the obvious reason. I've talked to the dealer ans was told to rearrange gear, which I have with no change. Has anyone else had this issue with this boat? It seems odd that they would design a boat this way. I am wondering if it might be caused by something else? Any help would be appreciated.

Monty's Rey

Recruit
Hey Buzz...I have the same boat and have the same issue. I could have 400 pounds of people on the Starboard side and it will still list to port when on plane. I have asked my dealership to check it out twice and they continue to argue thing is wrong. I plan to contact Monterey directly for help but a few possibilities I've discovered researching on line:
1. Worst case...Hull design flaw. There is something out of shape in the glass. Tough to fix. Wedges can be fused to the fiberglass but it's tough to diagnose and even tougher to find someone to do the work.
2. Prop torque. On a single prop, the Right rotational speed builds force to the left. My boat has a single stainless prop, however I found a YouTube video of a Monterey Dealer showing the boat and the one in. Their showroom features a Dual-Counter-Rotational Prop. One rotates clockwise, the other counter clockwise. Thus off sets the torque issue. Not sure why Monterey would not have a standard prop option on all models but I'm thinking of having my marina switch out the prop.
3. Install trim tabs. More eps is e option but not difficult to install. Seems that for after market, Electric Trim tabs are they way to go vs. Hydraulic. If the prop change doesn't do it the. I may spring for the tabs, but first I want to speak to an engineer at Monterey.

Hope this helps a bit. Other than this issue I have no complaints. Amazing boat all around!
Good luck and enjoy the boat.