Monark anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavylift

Recruit
Re: Monark anyone?

Anyone have photos of the interior of their McFast V172 that they would share?

I am starting restoration of a 1981 model and really want to get it correct & original... major areas are the dash, drivers seat, and passenger seat area. Lots of work ahead in these areas..

A wiring diagram would be nifty also..

Thanks in advance.

Brn2Fsh

Recruit

I have a 1978 Monark McFast 17' fiberglass bass boat.<br /><br />Just wondering if there are any others left out there. :D

Yep...I bought mine new in 1978 and have had it ever since. It has been a great boat and the Evinrude 115 has been way beyond great. Only had to replace on power pack in all that time along with standard servicing. The grand old Lady has aged gracefully but at that is still showing her age. I have bought a Triton TR21 that I use to fish with a lot but I just could not come to part with the Lady. Still take her out when I am fishing locally and she does just fine.

wags_44

Cadet

JUst bought MonArk v16 1981 first boat. had to sand and buff oxidation, new seats, new carpet, 2 new fish finders, 24v trollying motor, 3 bank charger, it's at the shop now then finiish a couple of things and a fishing we shall go. LOL. think what I've heard and read about the MonArk and the upgrades I hope to have a decent little boat and years of fun.

Aquaman-PSD

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am about to purchase an '87 Monark that the owner told me was a fish and ski model. I can't seem to find out if this even really exists as a model number or if it is just a street name. Any info or words of advice for these boats would be much a appriciated. It has a 200hps johnson outboard which judging from the size of the boat (19ft.) I would say is at the upper end of the recommended limit.

Shawnas02

Recruit
I have a 1979 Monark Mcfast15 with a 1978 Mercury80hp motor that are both in really good shape. Unfortunately I only took it out once last year because with my ever growing family my time has become limited. It was bought brand new by my father who passed it down to me a few years ago. I can't find much info on the value of it, but I am looking to sell it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Info on these seems to be limited! Thanks!

southkogs

Staff member
Shawnas02 Welcome aboard:

Please make sure you read our forum rules - we ask that you do not post to topics older than 90 days unless you're the original poster.

iBoats has a CLASSIFIEDS section if you want to post your boat for sale there. Please do not do so in the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.