Monark anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate_evans79

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1978 Monark McFast 17' fiberglass bass boat.<br /><br />Just wondering if there are any others left out there. :D

von700

Recruit
Re: Monark anyone?

I have a 1979 Monark McFast v172 that I'm restoring.

aloha43

Cadet

Wow!

We just purchased a beautiful 1983 MonArk McFast V172. Since I purchased it, I have found that there isn't very much information on these boats. Does anyone have any input they want to share on these boats? How about an owners manual? Pictures of yours?

Thanks,

Debbie:)

highview72

Recruit

I have a 1979 MCFAST 17' that i have been doing minor refurnishing to while still using it most weekends in the summer. My next project is to re gelcoat and flake the blue topside and fix the passenger seat. Has anyone ever found where a windshield can be found?

I have a 1986 MonArk McFast V-172 that I am restoring. Any clue where I can get an owners manual? ALso, I neeed to re-gelcoat the boat. Any good / reliable repair shop around Townsend Delaware? Let me know. THanks

rodrigue

Recruit

Yes. I have a 1982 Monark McFast V-172 that I bought in 1985. Been a very good boat and I'm rewarding it by restoring a number of items. Today I began compounding the old oxidation off the horizontal surfaces. You could feel the metal flake in the gelcoat before I started and after a few compounds (still more to go), restorer, and polish it looks and feels much better. I do need to replace the instrument panel, its begun to delaminate, so if you know of a material or a supplier please let me know.

engine95

Recruit

We just picked up a 1977 Mcfast 5.... Like you are saying, I haven't found much information on them, or pictures of what others are doing...:cool:

Anyone??

hotrodlinc47

Recruit

i have a 78 monark mcfast 15 that needs some transom work done any one in this area

jvermillion

Recruit

I have an 83 monark Mfast, 18'. I owned it for a year. Just got it reupholstered, currently replacing the rotted wood under the motor mounts. Had to pull the engine. I got lucky it came with an owners manual. I have found very little information on these boats or parts. Does anyone know if this boat came with a water seperator from the factory? Also does any one know where to get a replacement latch for the main hatch over the engine? I have searched the internet and taken to a few marine shops and have had no luck.

bigbuck909

Recruit

I just bought a 1981 monark bass boat. Has Johnson 90 on it. Wish I knew what model it is... where do I start???

wally walrus

Recruit

My son in law and I just purchased a 1977 McFast. Who do you have to schtoop to get some information?

justbe88

Recruit

my dad just gave me a 1978 monark, mcfast sf. i too am here seeking info. my dad bought the boat and used it a couple years but knows nothing about it

mcfast17johnson

Recruit

We just picked up a 1977 Mcfast 5.... Like you are saying, I haven't found much information on them, or pictures of what others are doing...:cool:

Anyone??
I have a 77w115 Johnson. good boat, i broke transom last fall and replaced it. quite a job! I have original papers that came with boat , but that is a wiring diagram on typed paper. I don't think they ever published a manual.

mcfast17johnson

Recruit

I have just finished replacing my transom on a 17. A lot of work and I used epoxy then coated with gelcoat. West products from Jamestown were excellent but kind of expensive. I took a lot of photos and probably would fix in a different manner if I had to do again, I cut the whole thing out and completely replaced. Next time I would hollow out and pour with Epoxy for several reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.