What model is this?

OCSportsman

Seaman
I looked at this 1972 Mirrocraft, its an 18ft center consol model. Does anyone know the name? The current owner is asking $1750 for it, it has a matching 1972 115HP Merc, a couple cheap seats, and a floor that needs at least the front half redone. The motor doesn't have a prop, so taking a test run is out, the current P.O. bought it as a project, but is now selling since he already bought a boat thats a little less of a project. I told the current owner that with the floor work, motor work, and "other" work it would need the asking price is too high, he hasn't responded yet, but I know its been for sale for at least a month and a half. What do you guys feel is a fair price in this unknown condition? I live in the Pacific NW, so aluminum boats hold a higher value here than they do in most other states.

Thanks for your help!
OCSportsman

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

OCSportsman

Seaman
Re: What model is this?

Nobody wants to chime in? I got a response from the owner, he told me the only other work that needs done that he is aware of is their are 3 spots they have detected seam leaks at the chine. His bottom dollar is $1,350. Inputs, thoughts, suggestions????

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

no way.... I came over from the starcraft crowd... because I had a 14 ft mirrorcraft years ago...it was a tank for an open utility boat.

but my opinion is you got a dog of a motor...and OLD and a so so boat... i am sure the hull will suit you once refurbished....but thats a lot of work and money....no way you want to start out at $1700......buy a boat with a trailer and no motor.,....or get everything cheaper...because the boat wont leave you stranded 10 miles from the launch./..BUT a clunker motor will

but more money into your motor than your frills on the boat

bob

OCSportsman

Seaman

I completely agree about the motor, it would be going up for sale almost immediately. I will probably just keep looking. Thanks for the input Bob!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, you are looking at a great hull (that needs to be totally rebuilt) on a good trailer (that needs total rehab), no more.

The motor is worth parts unless proven otherwise and the interior is worth a couple trips to the curb for the trash man.

I know that rigs up in the NW come at a bit of a premium, so, is that bare hull and trailer worth $1350 to ya?

Seems a little steep to me. I'm thinking $1K (premium included).

Cheers!

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Good advice there. For $1750 I'd look a little bit more.

OCSportsman

Seaman

He did drop it to $1350, but it will cost me $2500 at least to replace the motor.