'64 Westfield Question

ChrisLanders

Recruit
Hi all,
I'm new here, but you folks have quite a collection of info about MFGs, so I'm hoping someone can help me out.
I recently came into possession of a 1964 Westfield custom, and I'm in the process of fixing it up (new windshield, transom, lots of little things).
Anyways, one of the things the boat is missing is a splash well, and while it's not super high on my to-do list, I would like to make a new one at some point. Would some generous Westfield owner be willing to snap a few pictures of theirs, and maybe take a couple of measurements for me? I need the height from the floor and the width from the transom forward, specifically.
Thanks,
Chris

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Re: '64 Westfield Question

Welcome Aboard !
Your boat should have an all fiberglass deck and stringer system . The only wood would be in the transom . Your splashwell was a moulded one that was screwed to each gunwale cap and on the bottom screwed to the transom . I believe my Edinboro would be the same as your Westfield . I changed my splash area to include side jump seats but I think I have some pics of it before I cut it up .
How about some pics ! We love MFG pics ! :joyous:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

This should be what it looked like .
I think I still have the outside parts that connect to the gunwale caps . I used the middle section .

Last edited:

ChrisLanders

Recruit

Thanks, that's a big help.
Yeah, the lack of wood was one of the things I liked about the boat. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

IslandGirlTalk

Seaman Apprentice

Chris, would a splashwell from a 1963 Westfield fit? I have a spare if you need it. Let me know if you're interested. Here's a couple pics.

ChrisLanders

Recruit

It sure looks like it would fit, though it's a little hard to say from the pictures. I'll send you a pm.