68 MFG green seats....boat color?

Javinix

Cadet
I have a 63 MFG 14'( that I'm still not sure of the model of) that I'm working on, (my avatar). I got it for free from someone who turned it into a fishing boat. I gutted it out and started over as all the wood he had in it rotted away...anyway, I bought seats out of a 68 MFG(unknown model) that are metallic emerald green. Does anyone know what the rest of the boat color was with this seat color? I've been seaching for pictures but cannot find anything that matches. I'm looking to paint the gunwale a color not to clash with the seats.
IMG_1691.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Re: 68 MFG green seats....boat color?

My guess .. Green ... :D
How bout shoot us some pics of your project . We like pics !

Javinix

Cadet

Ya thats what I was thinking also lol I really dont want to go green as "green creeps". Was hoping for a picture with a scheme other then ALL green.
As far as project pics...IDK, there's some really really nice rebuilds on here, way out of my league lol I'm doing what I can with it and still have a long way to go...but I'll see what I have. It's a work in progress, built, tear apart and built again. over the last 2 years I have bought umm... 8 different seats , 6 outboard motors, 3 trolling motors, and a bunch of other crap...the wife just does not understand "upgrade" LOL... I sell the old stuff and still she yells

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

This was as close as I found to the color .
File:Mfgb67009.jpg - Classic Boat Library
It looks like you have the sun n fun seats . Boy I could sure use a good set of the hinges / hardware for the sun n fun .
The hinges I made for my attempt at sun n fun's are a bit thin .

Last edited:

Javinix

Cadet

Nice seats! I am trying to get parts from an old MFG on Craig's list including seats, http://images.craigslist.org/00a0a_8E9zHztTUNG_600x450.jpg I have been in contact with the people but someone was looking to take the whole boat. I dont need another project.

I bought a 62 Johnson Super Sea Horse a couple weeks ago and just got it running on the boat yesterday. Very excited about it.:joyous: Alot to do yet to get it completely installed-mounting wiring, ect. But it's running!

I'll work on getting some pics uploaded to share.

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Heck I would take the whole boat just for seat hardware .. LOL!
Nice score on the Sea Horse !