Niagara Ski Rack and Console Measurements

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
I got a PM asking me about the dimensions of ski racks on my Niagara so I thought after going to the trouble of measuring I would post it here so it might be of help to other MFG owners.

Kind of difficult measuring a boat because of the curve of the hull, but I think this info should allow you to run a string along the inside edge of where the ski rack is, and you can make a template from that.

The ski rack starts at the transom and is 103 inches long. (ends at about the front edge of the seats, but my seats are not original).
The width of the rack varies due to the curve of the hull, but is 4.5" wide at the transom and tapers off to zero at the very front.
A string attached to the transom 4.5" in from the hull and 8.5" up from the deck, and ran to the front of the boat for 103", and attached to the hull at the 103" point, will define the edge of the ski rack.
At the transom, and at the half way point, the rack is 8.5" off the floor (this is the height of the top side of horizontal rack piece). The rack has a vertical wall that extends its full length and is 5" high. This vertical piece extends 1" below the horizontal piece, resulting in about a 3.5" deep rack (depending on how thick your materials are).

There are two consoles at the front of the racks. These are hard to measure, but here is what I can give you:

Console is 27" long where it bolts on to the bottom edge of the gunnel. Console extends forward to the point of the radius in the corner where the dash and gunnel meet. So the console is nearly touching the dash.
The console is 18" where it meets the horizontal part of the ski rack.
The forward edge extends from the ski rack at a steep angle up to the dash.
The rearward edge of the console is nearly vertical, but does lean rearward. The console is basically a vertical wall, that tilts in at the top to meet the bottom edge of the gunnel. The console connects the ski rack to the gunnel. The rack sort of "hangs" from the gunnel in the front, as there are only 6 L brackets supporting the rack (where the rub rail is on the outside of the boat). So the front 1/4 or so of the ski rack is not attached to the hull, it is supported by being connected to the gunnel by the console.

The ski racks are attached to the hull with L brackets, and the through bolts are hidden by the vinyl insert in the section of rub rail at that height.

Hope this is of help to someone!

Regards,

Mark.

Last edited: