New here - 1961? MFG owner

IslandGirlTalk

Seaman Apprentice
Re: New here - 1961? MFG owner

Santa stopped by yesterday! My dad and I had a belated Christmas celebration yesterday and he gave me new seats for the MFG! I can't wait to install them this summer. They are similar to the current ones in the sense that they are the back to back design, but they are brand new and don't have rotted out boxes like the ones that are currently in the boat. Hopefully they are a little taller than the current ones, but if not, we're going to mount the plastic boxes on something to make them a bit taller. With the current ones, I can't see over the bow unless the boat is planing. I'll be sure to take pics of them once they are installed. :)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

cool good basic jump seats. I've thought about replacing my pedestal seats with these; I would have to build a large box to put them on but would have great storage then...

IslandGirlTalk

Seaman Apprentice

cool good basic jump seats. I've thought about replacing my pedestal seats with these; I would have to build a large box to put them on but would have great storage then...

We've had the back to back style of seats in our boat for as long as I can remember and they aren't a bad design. I took one of the seats out of the box last night to see them and I like that these have an aluminum bar that gives additional support to the seat when it's folded flat. Our old ones didn't have that so the rear part would collapse all of the time when we tried to have them laying flat. I'll let you know more about what I think of the new seats once we install them in June.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Congrats on the new seats ! Looking forward to seeing them installed .. :cool: