64 Edinboro custom learn somthing new every day

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I am rebuilding my dads edinboro the boat was stored in moms back yard . A storm blew down a large pine tree hit trailer wench and snatched the bow eye out ! I crawled in the bow to see if I can repair it there I saw what looked like a small wire or hose . I could not figure out what it was so I took a picture of the broken eye and climbed out. Later on looking at some threads on many topics I saw a post from Edc and he was talking about venting under deck and MFG used this tube that came out at bow eye location . The mystery was solved! Thanks Edc no more head scratching on that one... Now I need to find bow eye assembly I looked at local boat store they did not have one that connected to lift ring shaft. Can anyone help me out with suggestions .I also need emblems ??? Thanks everyone ! http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee507/Sam1005boat/IMG00335-20111122-1636.jpg

Jon Sob

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: 64 Edinboro custom learn somthing new every day

Hey sp ...... I don't know which emblems you have but I bought a set from mark42. You might pm him and see if he can get you a set.
DSCF1937.JPG

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Thanks Jon, that emblem looks close to what was there I don't if they changed any from 60 to 64 I think the shark painted black and plastic.

Jon Sob

Hey sp .... I know there are different MFG logos and I am not sure what years or models had which ones. I don't know how many there are but here are a couple more. Did your boat have any on it when you bought it?
thumbnail.jpg thumbnail 2.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Hi Jon, I inherited from my father . I think the logo matches the first one you sent but it was made of plastic and painted. Is that one made of metal it kinda looks that way? I am sending pics of dash I think the speedo is original but the wheel is not . I don,t think the speedo can be fixed and a new helm is a must.View attachment 123710 http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee507/Sam1005boat/IMG00347-20111126-1128.jpg I think orig. bow light...

Jon Sob

I am new to boating ..... this is my first boat so I don't know much about them. That sure does look like the original bow light.

Your hull kind of looks like mine with those ribs running across it.
DSCF1782.JPG

The emblems that I bought from Mark42 are made of poly resin and painted. Check this out:
http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/imageDetail,p,27,i,1062,00.html

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Yep thats the emblem alright and that pendant flag is very cool! I need to email or pm him on them.It will be awhile before I,m ready , there is so much I gotta do . I was supposed to be building my wife an outdoor kitchen this winter before the boat project kinda started. Luckily she pretty stoked about the boat to!
I don,t think my hull has those ribs running port to starboard . If so they must be under the deck . The deck feels so solid I hate to mess with it..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Found a steering wheel on ebay my daughter was outbid on it.She wanted to give it to me for christmas . o well maybe next time.:rolleyes:
Congratulations if it was one of you guys who got it!!!

Jon Sob

Hey sp ...... Merry Christmas! Have a great holiday.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Hey I did,nt get a new helm for Christmas but I did get a trumpet horn! It looks kinda big...
horn.jpg

yanks21

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Um, I dunno, but my trumpets are long like that...What't the length? I think the one I have are 15"...And I only have a carefree...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

It,s 19" total made by WOLO model 110 yank. The mounting bracket in the front is about 1 inch shorter than back bracket. Not sure how I will mount it..

mcallender

Recruit

I've been looking for a red 64 Ed Cust for several years now (seems like most are blue). If anyone knows of one I will pay top dollar. Anyway, here is blue one I found on craigslist today. It is free and might be a good parts boat or a good restore project.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/2743733435.html

m-

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iboats mcallender!
I don,t think I have ever seen a red 64 custom . The one on CL is my boat to a T but in Jersey. If I didn,t live in florida I would drag it home in a second.. If you really want a red one I,ll paint mine red and we,ll talk!:) Just kidding ...:cool:

Jon Sob

Hey yanks ..... are your trumpets factory or did you put them on? Do you have a photo of where they are mounted?

sp ... that's a good looking trumpet ...... I'll bet it is loud.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

I have,nt hooked a battery to it yet . Maybe tomorrow I,ll let er rip.
Me and the family are going to St. Augustine saturday for some site seeing . My brother told me about a boat salvage yard down there so I,m gunna check it out.. Hopefully find something cool!:cool:

Jon Sob

That should be fun. You might find a steering wheel. I have my original steering wheel but I don't remember what shape it is in. I am putting in a new rotary system and I am not going to use the old wheel. I have it in storage .... I'll try and dig it out and send you a pic of it and if it is what you are looking for you can have it. I am going to go back thru my thread and see if there are any pics of the steering wheel .... if there is I will post a pic for you.

yanks21

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey yanks ..... are your trumpets factory or did you put them on? Do you have a photo of where they are mounted?

sp ... that's a good looking trumpet ...... I'll bet it is loud.

I think mine were dealer added. Don't have alot of pics from back then, but theuy came with the boat. 2 trumpets, scares the hell out of bigger boats...They keep loking around for the big boat...

How come the new wheel Jon?

yanks21

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It,s 19" total made by WOLO model 110 yank. The mounting bracket in the front is about 1 inch shorter than back bracket. Not sure how I will mount it..

I will have to uncover mine to see who made them. I posted pictures of them under the MFG Calendar post of Jon's. I dont get the bracket thing. Mine is the opposite, the front is bigger than the rear...
I'll try to get pics of hardware for you this weekend...