MFG Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.

atbays

Recruit
Left me start off by saying I know nothing about boats! I bought a house at a sheriff sale. In the barn there is a boat, the tag says MFG Carousel. I can't find any info on the boat or pics other than a brochure from 1966. Was this boat only made 1 year. The neighbor told me that the previous owner had it out on the river in 2015. I tried to attach a pic of the data plate but it wouldn't let me. Any info would be great. Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
welcome aboard

per the rules you read and agreed to, you cant post pics until your 4th post.

here is some reading on MFG's

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Mfgb66002.jpg

Welcome aboard ! Looks like an I/O ... Pics would be cool ..

atbays

Recruit
Those are the only 2 things I have found on the boat. Was it only made 1 year. If the boat runs what is it worth

jbcurt00

Staff member
A little more then the motor running and a towable trailer is worth.

Not a lot of 'value' in most 50s-80s boats, even in perfect condition.....

Even if theres little info available about a model online, they arent usually rare, collectible and valuable, w few (very very few) exceptions.....

jbcurt00

Staff member

classic-glass

Recruit
Ok sure thing! Did not know you could not talk about boat stuff one is considering to sell etc.. Ditto!

classic-glass

Recruit
Trying to figure out how to PM somebody thru this forum? I see no link for private messaging? That was my first consideration, but see no where to message? Hmm? Help!

classic-glass

Recruit
Does messaging also fall under the (4) post rule before you can message like it is for pics? Help? I think this post is now only my 4th post after registering over 6-years ago - LOL! :)

jbcurt00

Staff member
Who do you intend to message? You're not supposed to send PMs w out prior open forum contact, otherwise it falls under the no solicitation rule. Atbay hasnt been on iboats in over a month, so you've not had contact w them.

This is atbays topic, not a running discussion for you to ask questions about using the forum.

PM me or start a Help? Topic in the Boat topics sub-forum
https://forums.iboats.com/forum/gen...s/boat-topics-and-questions-not-engine-topics

Status
Not open for further replies.