Dash Plaque Westfield Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody550

Cadet
Sweet! Some day I might take you up on the idea! Any very rough idea on cost? How does it attach to the windshield?
BTW I used Adobe Illustrator to create a decent black image of the MFG with shark logo that is on the left side of the dash plaque. I created it from the best vintage ad that I could download. Adobe has a tool that cleans it right up. I haven't found the right font for the Westfield Custom text however.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
How does it attach to the windshield?

Small little hook clips on wingnuts to the windshield and like a hatch type clamp to the gunwales .. I shimmed the front edge up a little off of the windshield to let some air flow through .. It gets a little warm down here sometimes ..:lol:
I have a pic of the setup but photo_ucket has my pics held hostage ...

Woody550

Cadet
Hello fellow MFG'ers. I'm finally squeezing in a few minutes to post a pic. Some others are too large to upload so I'll have to compress at some point... I received the Westy in August from the restorer while on vacation up in ADK. A wonderful job that I could discuss at some future point. I do still need a dash plaque hi-res image and also a hull ID plate hi-res image to re-create both. With the new motor i found i needed to add a hydrofoil to the cavitation plate to help with quick planing and porpoising. She's safely in the garage for the winter, with some final things to do in the spring before a fun boating season starts again.

Attachments

• photo305065.jpg
    photo305065.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Woody550

Cadet
I happened to see this old thread and figured I should post pics of the replacement dash plaque and hull ID. Turned out great. Any decent trophy shop / plaque shop should be able to do it. If you want my e-templates, let me know - I should be able to find them somewhere. Probably JPG or PNG or maybe even SVG or PDF. Can't remember. I matched font types pretty closely to original, but not exact. Bought a punch set and added my original hull #.

Attachments

• IMG_6189fuzz.jpg
    IMG_6189fuzz.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6190.jpg
    IMG_6190.jpg
    762.5 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.