Boat cover recommendations

Boss351

Cadet
Hi Guys looking to check if any of you have purchased a cover for your McKee. I'm looking for something for outside storage rather than for trailering. I've looked at a few on-line venders and some do not indicate whether they include the bow rails or not. Any help/recommendations would be appreciated. I've got a '93 CC Offshore Fisherman, 17.4 ft. with 120 Evinrude.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Boat cover recommendations

Hi Guys looking to check if any of you have purchased a cover for your McKee. I'm looking for something for outside storage rather than for trailering. I've looked at a few on-line venders and some do not indicate whether they include the bow rails or not. Any help/recommendations would be appreciated. I've got a '93 CC Offshore Fisherman, 17.4 ft. with 120 Evinrude.

I bought one from Cabelas for around $250. It has a 7 year guarantee. It trailers well and holds up to coastal winds with the tie downs provided. The 1st Carolina summer it faded a little to a lighter tan but is holding up very well. It is on my 2004 Backwater 172. It keeps the inside dry- except for a small spot at the stern as the motor cover is seperate from the rest of the cover- that little bit of water goes straight out the scuppers. I'd buy it again after seeing what else is out there.

Boss351

Cadet

Thanks a bunch Crabby capt. John!! We have a Cabelas here in town and will see what might work.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

I ordered by mail of course as I live in NC. The tan one with tie downs- check online prices before going to the store. Naturally, no sales tax and the shipping was only $1.