14 Mckee, bottom paint, need help with measurements

libnosneb

Recruit
I need some advise. I am getting ready to paint the bottom of 14' Mckee and wanted to know from anyone else, how far up the sides, stern, bow is yours painted from the edges. I just got done sanding and don't want to have to roll it back over, haul it to the water, mark it, then haul it back and roll it back over if I don't have too. Any comments would be helpful on this. The old bottom paint was brushed on and not straight lines and looked horrible and I'm trying to make it look better. I know it would be best if it wasn't painted, but there are some defects I need to cover up, that's why I'm painting. I'd like to have it show just above the water line if possible. Otherwise, I'll just have to guess and the stern sits lower in the water than the bow, so I'm trying to get a good line to go by. And I know it also will depend on the weight of everything, motor etc.. but just trying to get close. Thanks in advance for your help and please try to be specific as possible, you pick the point of reference to measure from, so we don't have to keep going back and forth. Thanks again for your help.
Ok, I've learned one thing, I only need the bow and stern measurements then level that line between and that should give me my line. So I guess I just need those two? Thanks:confused: