1974 Mark Twain 162T - my new ride

Dhopper71

Seaman
Not too many posts in this section, but I wanted to throw one in. I just picked up a 1974 162T this weekend and wanted to share. I'm not greatly familiar with the brand, but they seem to have a decent reputation.

I found this on through CL and couldn't pass up the deal. Forked over $850 for boat and trailer together. The seller described it as needing all new interior and cleanup. I'm not sure what he was looking at other than the fron passenger seat, because other than that one, everything else looked great for being original.

He had recently replaced a 3' section of flooring from the engine forward with 3/4" marine ply and reglassed it. Found no stringer rot or rot in the transom. He also rebuilt all the seat bases with solid walnut. Also threw down some new carpet.

The Mercruiser 140 I/O looks great and purrs like a kitten. I think my car's engine is dirtier than this one. All new plugs, wires, points, filters. New larger plastic gas tank. New battery.

It's not as big or totally unique as I wanted, but for the $, I just couldn't say no! I also just found 2 original bikini tops on CL that are NEW OLD STOCK found in a storage unit!!

Now all I need is to paint the trailer, restripe the boat, add a stereo, and get myself a good semi-custom cover for it. Time to hit the water!!

c464a25f.jpg

c0b77522.jpg

3f7418ae.jpg

Dhopper71

Seaman
Re: 1974 Mark Twain 162T - my new ride

picked up my new old stock bikini top yesterday. not 100% original to the boat, but fits pretty well and looks great for being in storage for 30 years!

top1.jpg

top2.jpg

truckitup2

Recruit

nice i just picked up a 73 mark twain with a 165 merc

marktwainsonic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

From my experience and research, very well built boats.