Mark twain boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeredk

Recruit
anyone have any info on mark twain boats or some pictures of theres. Mine is a 1984 v-sonic<br />have'nt seen another alike it yet

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mark twain boat

Movng to Boats.

Capn Tom

Recruit

The Mark Twain is possibly one of the best boats one can own if you enjoy riding around on the water and getting to that secret swimming spot. It was a high quality boat built around the Great Lakes region, Illinois I believe. The V-Sonic design is also one of the best hulls for choppy water or bad currents on the river. The boat itself is kinda heavy for its size, but if you trailer it right, you can pick it up from the tounge with your little finger. I myself have a 1977 V-Sonic that is in great condition. They are definitly built to last if taken care of. The Mark Twain company went out of business in the late 80's-early 90's because companies like Bayliner and Glasstron were making cheaper boats, but less quality and design.

russman

Cadet

go to marktwainboats.org there is all kinds of infomation there.
I have a 1976 180br w/888 mercruser Mark twain. solid deep v
32 years young and fast, reliable.

Don S

OLD, 2003 post. Before iboats boat manufactures forum.

Moving to Mark Twain boats forum.

scstritzke

Recruit

I have 1978 180v in excellent shape I'm going to be selling with about 350 hours. Great boat!! I just upgraded to a newer Cobalt. If you know anyone interested let me know.

anyone have any info on mark twain boats or some pictures of theres. Mine is a 1984 v-sonic<br />have'nt seen another alike it yet

Attachments

• 100_0176.JPG
    100_0176.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 0

pizzafellow

Seaman Apprentice

I have a 1973 16' t160 trihull. I was given the boat a couple of months ago. The floor needs repair. I will post a few pics when I start working on it.

enjoynlife2

Cadet

can any one tell me where i might find the weight for my 1979 24 ft i/o marktwain it is a speed boat with i beleave a 283 or 263 merc engine but not sure but a awsome boat for the price also its made of fiberglass thanks for anyones help also if u might no of a web sight i can go and put serial num. in to get the weight

marktwainsonic

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just guessing from what you have said, this site has it listed at 4050.

diann1

Seaman Apprentice
Can anyone tell what the sight glass is used for, I have a 302 ford motor

GA_Boater

Can anyone tell what the sight glass is used for, I have a 302 ford motor

No idea. Please start a new topic with your question and some more information. This thread is 13 years old. Please click on the Forum Help link and in sig below and review our rules. Thanks.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.