Mark Twain Costa Brava 25ft

Status
Not open for further replies.

v2racing

Cadet
I just joined the iboats forum and now I just discovered the Mark Twain forum. I bought my Costa Brava 25 footer at the very end of the season. I only got to put it in the water once for about an hour. Next year it will be in a slip and I plan on using as much as possible.
P1010815.jpg

P1010818.jpg

P1010812.jpg

P1010801.jpg

Last edited:

v2racing

Cadet
Re: Mark Twain Costa Brava 25ft

I've been putting together a wish list on iboats. I am just going to replace the u-joints, gimble bearing, impeller, and do a bellow and seal kit. A new Solas Amita 4 blade prop is going to go on also. There are a few other things I am going to check and replace like the fuel water separater filter. All seamed well when I tested it but I don't know the boat that well so I figure it will be better to do it all this spring before I put it in the water for the year instead of taking a chance on trouble.

Wife's been buying some things for the cabin. It should be set up pretty nice. Just have to wait for the middle of April for the ice to go out of lake Minnetonka.:(

v2racing

Cadet

More photos of the Mark Twain Costa Brava 250. My wife and I did a lot of work to the boat and it looks like this now. We just spent 3 days on Lake Minnetonka and it worked flawlessly. It was great!
MT6.jpg

MT1.jpg

MT2.jpg

MT3.jpg

MT5.jpg

Don't mind all the junk in the aft cabin, it has turned into the catch all.

tjblake53

Recruit

I have a 1985 Costa do you no what the stock prop was on the boat i have added about 750 lbs. to the boat i beleve i need to re-prop it Thanks

v2racing

Cadet

I don't know what it had on it stock. When I got it the prop was a 15 pitch 3 blade Michigan. It was lousy. I went to a Solas Amita 15 pitch 4 Blade. It made a huge difference.

v2racing

Cadet

She's in storage now after giving me a trouble free summer with much enjoyment.

ChipsterRegina

Recruit
Hi to the Mark Twain Brava peeps! I recently bought a 1985 MT Brava. Overall she appears to be in really good shape outside of some cleaning/detailing. I took her out on the lake and initially it ran great. Later in the day, when I put it into gear and accelerated, it would reach about 2000rpm and begin to stutter and stall. It would run at anything below that. I initially thought it could be a dirty carb or fuel filter. But after some research, it appears that it might be the shifter cable needing adjustment and/or the shift cut-out switch.

Have any of you experienced a similar issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.