24MTF Walkaround

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class
Wow we finally got the Mark Twain boat forum. Well I have a 89 24MTF and have to say I love it. I got it on ebay last year and it needed a new engine and drive. I bought it for the lovely sum of $405 and to date this is my best $405 ever spent. I had a doner boat for the engine and drive and got it going in a weekend. It took a while to get it sea trialed but it rides awesome. My friend has a Grady White and believe it or not I guarantee you this rides better then his. Any other Twain owners out there ? I`ll try to post a pic.

FatBob78FLH

Recruit
Re: 24MTF Walkaround

I have a 1985 Mark Twain Escape 210 (21') Cuddy Cabin I got from my brother for the cost of 4 tire to make a safe trip to SC from CT. I'm trying to find some info on the boat but there isn't too much out there! It needs some love and care but the price was right for my first big boat!! If any one knows where I can find some specs on my Mark Twain please let me know. Thanks.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class

There was a web site but it close last year. I could find no info on mine. Even on the site no one even knew they made a 24FT. walkaround. What kind of info are you looking for? Maybe I can help a little.

Bob547

Seaman Apprentice

Hi icehole, Im going to look at a 25 foot Twain for sale. I cant really find any info on these boats, do you know of any web sites with any info? Its a 1989 model, and from the pic i cant even tell what type of boat it is. Thanks Bob

Bob547

Seaman Apprentice

Hi icehole, Do you have a pic of your boat you can post? Thanks Bob

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bob there is really no where to get info for these boats any more. The one web site that had any info closed down last year. I can tell you that they are great boats. I`m very happy I bought mine and cant say enough about how strong it is. The ride is great my friend has a 26ft. striper walk around and this boat rides better. I`m not saying that because I own one I`m being honest. It is a tank very strong and great hull design. Here are some pics I hope this works. If not do a search for the $405 wonder. I`ll have to try to shrink my files and post them. Here you go I found a link .http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=156608

Last edited:

James R

Commander

Hi Guys.
I have a beaut 17FT Mark Twain O/B BR 1978 140HP Suzuki. Go to Marktwainboats.org to get the info you need on your boat.

Flukinicehole

Petty Officer 1st Class

WOW they got a new site. Thats the same one that closed down a while ago.

Lawwow

Recruit

I have a 1982 24' V-Sonic with a cuddy cabin. It is a great boat. Although right now I am having a little engine trouble. There used to be a big MT web site, but I can't seem to find it any more. If anyone knows where I can get some manuals or know how I can remove the gas tank, please let me know. I seem to have gotten something in there, besides gas.

JonathanW

Seaman Apprentice

I have a '78 V-Sonic that I'm currently restoring.

It's the tri-hull one.