1973 Manatee

FFScott6

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm going this week to P/U a 1973 Manatee. ANY information on this would be greatly appreciated! I'm having trouble finding anything on the web. not even pictures.

This is a picture of the actual boat.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1973 Manatee 17ft.jpg
    1973 Manatee 17ft.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 0

FFScott6

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1973 Manatee

Really....

I need information. I'm considering a restoration.

It is a 17' with an Evinrude outboard (65hp) not a bow rider.

I'd welcome a few pictures of interiors since mine was gutted by previous owner.

Thanks in advance!

FFScott6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

pretty much anything I can get. Photos of interior, descriptions, sales brochure, colors, hull details, pics of factory paint schemes, dash board, seating, others pictures of similar rebuild to help identifiy stringers etc, etc. I want to do a restore or at least try over the coming winter.

Thanks to any help...

FFScott6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

WOW, That is some great info. It will be very helpful. I'm in chester County PA and the winters can be fairly unpredictable. Wife wants what is left of the garage so I'll have to make a "lean to" to get my project rolling and work around the weather.

I am powered by a 1973 Evinrude 65hp triumph. Although I have a bad middle cylinder. Not sure of the reason or histroy of this motor.

I found another Manatee rebuild somewhere on here, but have to find it again and set a "bookmark." As I recall it was extensive.

Thanks again!

*** did yours have the coast guard plate? was it intact? Mine is gone and I was wanting to gather the seating, motor size and weight info.***