LED interior lights

cuda71

Cadet
I have a Lund ProSport 1600 and was thinking about adding some LED lights in a couple locations to the interior of the boat, so when out at dark you can see what your doing without having to grab a flashlight, and sometimes you just don't have that third hand to hold the flashlight too. So I came across a video review the other day for the Lund 2075 Pro-V and seen the lights Lund was putting in there boats, and they are even better than the ones I was looking at getting instead of wiring them into a switch they are push on/off. Just wondering if anyone might know where to get something similar or if anyone else did something like this.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: LED interior lights

There are battery powered (usually 3 AAs or AAAs) push on/off LEDs that are often used for closets and dark cabinets. Not hard to find. Found this one for boats. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SWGPN4...e=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B002SWGPN4

Also, I found one of the handiest lights is a LED "head light." Most have different levels of brightness you can set. Great for working on cars or in just about any close quarters. -Ken

scca vette

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: LED interior lights

I found a place that sells LED rope lights that you can buy in any length and hide anywhere in the boat. It cost me under 40 bucks for 2- 9 foot runs, one for each side of the boat. they also sell individual LED lights however I did not look into them. If you want more info let me know.