Ladder on a Lund

EricD

Cadet
Lund doesn't make a swim ladder or platform for the 1725 Explorer SS. I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions about what kind of ladder might work with this boat. I'd hate to get out and not be able to get in again. ;)

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Ladder on a Lund

One of the boats we shopped was Alumacraft, and they didn't make a swim ladder either. The dealer said no sweat, they had one they could weld onto the transom.

We ended up ordering a Lund 1750 Fisherman with a swim ladder, but my point is that you might try asking your dealer if they can put one on for you.

If nothing else, you could go with one of those removable ladders that you just hang off the side of the boat when needed. Just a thought. Good luck, Junky.............

EricD

Cadet

If nothing else, you could go with one of those removable ladders that you just hang off the side of the boat when needed. Just a thought. Good luck, Junky.............

Can you do that with an aluminum fishing boat? It seems that the feet that are supposed to brace against the side of the boat wouldn't touch on a v hull.

ut84088

Cadet

I have a 01' 1675 explorer SS.

I got one of the removable ladders from Basspro (deck mount ladder item # 38-554-123-00). It folds in half, fits over the side, has clips that hold it down, and the feet are adjustable. I had to modify the feet a little so that they would reach the v-hull. It works pretty good, but I would rather a swim platform with a ladder.

Might have to find an after market one to fit or have one made.

Captain Paul

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My Lund dealer was able to order me a fold up aluminum ladder that is quite small compared to the platform. An easy install. I have it on a 1700 Fisherman. Don't forget the silicone.

EricD

Cadet

My Lund dealer was able to order me a fold up aluminum ladder that is quite small compared to the platform. An easy install. I have it on a 1700 Fisherman. Don't forget the silicone.

Do you mean to put silicone in the holes drilled in the transom or does this ladder go elswhere. It sounds like what I want.

Captain Paul

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yes to the silicone. Put a glob on each side of the transome after your holes are drilled. I started at the very begining of the hole and then a small bead directly around the hole. They supply large stainless fender washers so nothing pulls through. I don't think it's quite as heavy duty as the platform, but my son is 180 and it holds him no problem.